cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't use all my data on a monthly contract. So why am I not able to keep the data that I don't use? As I have paid for it. But if I run out of data I get charged for more. It's my I want to keep it so why are O2 taking it back from me. If o2 want to take my data back each month then pay me for it, I pay O2 for the data every month.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Is always been the case,  use it or lose it. I don't know of any network that allows you to roll over unused data or minutes and texts for that matter. Maybe it's a matter of choosing the wrong tariff in the first place. ..

The Oi! network in Brasil allows roll over of minutes on some tariffs.

Another fascinating bit of info for everyone Bouncy

I could live in Brazil. ..shame about the football team LOL

I was in brasil during the world cup.  Every day that there was a match on, it was like a ghost town.  Didn't even have to worry about going out, because all of the muggers were probably at home watching the match too Evil

I was watching the match that knocked brasil out on tv with a brasilian friend.  Every time she changed channel and changed it back she screamed at the tv, because the other side had scored again.  Once it got to 4-0, I was just laughing constantly Evil

Message 11 of 27

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
I could live in Brazil. ..

And I think we all know why

Brazil

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
I could live in Brazil. ..

And I think we all know why

I can tell you from experience that you'll be disappointed doing an 11 hour flight just for that Evil

Message 13 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, stay on topic please.

By all means, start a football thread in the Off-topic if you want to chat about it slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys, stay on topic please.

By all means, start a football thread in the Off-topic if you want to chat about it slight_smile

Getting back to the original point...

Roll-over tariffs do exist.  With the Oi example, my minutes, (which were 200 shared with the landline as well), rolled over to the next month if unused, but not to a second and subsequent month.

A limited roll over of unused data might be a viable option, but with data tariffs so cheap now, it's not unreasonable to have a fixes amount each month.

Message 15 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Problem is O2 used to do it and then stopped it. I can't see them changing to give anyone more than they have now or allowing any other type of rollover if honest. It wouldn't be a financially viable option for them slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly with o2 you are buying an allowance. So you can use up to the allowance and no more unless you want to pay more. You are not actually buying (using @gemz4the1's example) 6gb.

If you were buying 6gb then the failure of o2 to roll it over would potentially be illegal.

Its the same with minutes and texts. I get both of mine unlimited. So I cannot use them all ever. So if I spent 24 hours a day every day on a call would I still get a rebate as I haven't used them all???

Don't get me wrong, I would love to carry over unused data. But whilst the networks are spending £ billions upgrading they need the revenue and as they all do it unless one (Three? ) breaks the mould then I'm afraid disappointment is likely.
Message 17 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Sadly with o2 you are buying an allowance. So you can use up to the allowance and no more unless you want to pay more. You are not actually buying (using @gemz4the1's example) 6gb.

If you were buying 6gb then the failure of o2 to roll it over would potentially be illegal.

Its the same with minutes and texts. I get both of mine unlimited. So I cannot use them all ever. So if I spent 24 hours a day every day on a call would I still get a rebate as I haven't used them all???

Don't get me wrong, I would love to carry over unused data. But whilst the networks are spending £ billions upgrading they need the revenue and as they all do it unless one (Three? ) breaks the mould then I'm afraid disappointment is likely.

But if you are on a large tariff, they could let you carry over a small percentage as a good will gesture.

E.G. buy 10 GB of data per month, if you use less than 5 GB one month, then you gain 2 GB bonus the next month.

Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love the idea @Anonymous and I agree it would be great. I just can't see them doing it unless Three break ranks.
Message 19 of 27

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

There is a tariff where the data rolls over for tablets, my Nexus 7 is on it, but it has a limit of 12GB, but I can't see them doing the same for phones.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 20 of 27