cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to set up my phone (phone 1) to divert to another number (phone 2) if I don't answer it within 10 seconds BUT also have the call revert back to my voicemail on phone 1 in the event phone 2 is switched off or out of service area?

Thanks very much

Message 1 of 55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can forward unanswered calls from phone 1 to phone 2.

If phone 2 is not answered, the forwarding settings for phone 2 should send that call onwards to the number you have setup for phone 2's unanswered calls, (phone 3).

Problem is, I don't know how to make phone 3 be the voicemail of phone 1.  Presumably if you try it, it will ring phone 1 again.

I am worried that it will create a loop, (which might be useful in some cirumstances), but presumably O2 have something in place to stop this?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can set up a divert if you are on a contract only (ie not on PAYG) but I don't think you can bounce calls back again unless you set an additional divert on the phone you have diverted to in the first place.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 55

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Divert codes here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Divert codes here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

Thanks for that info @MI5  I will store that for future reference wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 55

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
So, assuming you have a contract phone.
To set the first divert after 10 secs would be ** 61 * phone number * 11 * 10# SEND
on the second phone ** 62 * phone number # SEND

Currently using:
Message 5 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 is this an O2 network limitation, that the OP can't do what he wants?

Normally there are separate diverts for unanswered, unreachable, busy, etc.

With my previous network, (can't bear to mention their name), you could do this, E.G. divert to voicemail if busy, but your landline if out of service area.

Message 6 of 55

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yeah, you can specify "if unreachable", "if unanswered" etc but only on a contract.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah sorry, I thought you were saying that it was limited to just one divert for all circumstances....

Message 8 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
The first phone is an o2 contract. The second phone will be a sim card in my car phone and will be a PAYG sim only type, as I will only use it to receive calls whilst in the car. I will not use the second phone for making calls. I wouldn't want to lose my voicemail function on phone 1. Hope this makes sense!
Message 9 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just re-read the replies but not sure whether I have understood correctly - call comes in to phone 1 but I don't answer and so the call is diverted to phone 2, which is switched off and therefore the call will divert to the voicemail on phone 1 instead?
Message 10 of 55