Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data prices. Am I missing something?

Pest
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had a quick look at the Uswitch comparisons for monthly plans, I pay £10 a month on O2 for 300mb of data. There are loads of other providers giving considerably more data for less (£8-00)

Is there something I don't know, they are big providers like 3 and Virgin with big coverage and speeds. 

Confused.. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can get a lot more for £10 with O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can get a lot more for £10 with O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Pest 

There are plenty of providers who may give you a better deal than O2. However, a good deal is pointless unless you get excellent network coverage. I stay with them because I go for sales and deals and my network coverage is fine.

You have to shop around and go for the one which suits you best when you consider everything I've said above..thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Pest
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's perfect, thanks. Immediately came up with 1GB of data for the same cost I am paying. All I need, thanks!
Message 4 of 10

Pest
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I got an upgrade to 1GB by using the O2 dal comparison. Shame they don't just automatically notify you when there is a better plan based on monthly cost. Cheers.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you're sorted slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Pest
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lol! 

The order system is borked (maintenance) at the moment, I called them and even the operator couldn't upgrade me. I even managed to get the software to give me a better offer! 

It's vanished now  but i got a screen shot. 🙂

O2 Tariff upgrade..JPG

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, should be back up and running by Monday https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/system-maintenance-notification

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah, should be back up and running by Monday https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/system-maintenance-notification

Looks as if they going for maintenance early then. Not meant to start till 10pm tonight!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not before time.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10