Did you mean: 

Data increased by mobile question!!!

Janey1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

My elderly Mother has exceeded her monthly data usage...probably not intended when we switched her to a new package in January this year ...but now joining in family Zoom chats and Face time / Whatsapp video chats her monthly allowance has disappeared. She's self isolating and  it would have been easier if she had been able to chat to an O2 operator to talk her through her options but that's not possible at the moment. I talked her through it on the phone and she believes she's upgraded her package and she'll be paying more for her increase so it looks like it's' been successful...but does she have to wait until after her first DD has been charged? Is there no other alternative? Or if not, what will I have to tell her she can't access until it kicks in...?  Just trying to manage her expectations...she is 87! Thanks x

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Janey1 

If she upgraded it will change in the next 24 hours.

If it was a tariff change, it will change at the billing date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Janey1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sorry...I can't really tell as I'm not sure whether it's deemed an upgrade or a tariff change? She's appears to have amended her original package..so when you mention upgrade are you referring to her actual phone? If that's a yes...it would appear that's she's undergone a tariff change and she'll have to wait until the charging date which may have just happened...unfortunately! What else may not work until it's amended? Thank you for your prompt response btw... 👍

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Janey1 

You can just upgrade your tariff without taking a phone too. 

Ask her to read the content of the confirmation emails to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Janey1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just noticed I've had two different replies...?

24 hours or Direct debit date? 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Janey1 

As I explained, it depends if is was an upgrade or tariff change. 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Janey1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

She's not actually operating by email for her account...I've just spoken to her again and she now remembers the automated message saying that it won't apply until the date of the next bill!

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It will be a tariff change then.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9