Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data bolt on has disappeared

Chloex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I recently got my O2 contract about 3 weeks ago I was told I’d have 30GB data.. later I found out this was 15GB tarrif and 15GB bolt on I don’t know the difference so didn’t think nothing of it it came up as an overal 30GB so I assumed it was fine. I got a pac code from EE (my old contract) to transfer my old number onto this O2 SIM card and ever since my number transferred over my data bolt on has gone and I’m left with just 15GB which I am nearly out of and I still have 10 days left. Does anyone have any idea why my bolt on is gone?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It was wrong to show 30gb before. It should have always been 2 x 15gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Chloex sounds like something went wrong when your number was ported across so you'll need to give customer services a call on 202 to check where your bolt on has gone to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
You need to call customer service and they can check for you. Normally the bolt on kicks in once your base tariff finishes.
Message 3 of 13

Chloex
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I assumed this was the issue I’m gonna be near the O2 shop today so il just go into the shop see if they know
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 13

Chloex
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I went into O2 today who can’t help because the phone was bought from Carphone the guy there said it will still be 30GB it just shows up as 15 then 15 again once it’s ran out because it’s a bolt on.. I don’t want to use all my data in case this doesn’t happen because originally it was saying 30GB does anyone know if a bolt on shows up separate from a tarrif before I finish the data?
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Chloex it would usually show as a bolt on. Have you checked?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Chloex
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s showing under bolt ons, but my total data is saying 15GB when before the number transfer it was saying 30GB so it thinks I’ve used 80% of my data and on that page it’s saying for me to buy a bolt on which I already should have. The person in O2 said he can’t see bolt Ons because the deal was from Carphone so I don’t know if it be worth phoning customer service
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If it's showing as a bolt on it will start when your base tariff runs out. It will always be like that for the next 2 years until your additional bolt on ends. If you then continue to use the same tariff it will drop to 15gb.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Chloex
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ahh I see thank you! So when this 15GB ends it should start again as another 15GB that’s what confused me
Message 10 of 13