cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance on PAYG "Talkalot"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Apparently I'm on a PAYG package called Talkalot.  It's an old one and doesn't seem to be listed on the mainsite here. 

I have just got a smartphone and started using data (3G) for the first time. Apparently the rate on my package is £3 per MB (!) and when I hit £1 spend it's free for the rest of the day.

I used it for the first time yesterday. After about a nanosecond, I got the message from 02 saying that I had spent £1 and it would be free for the rest of the day.  OK, fine.   Then about twenty minutes later, (after a bit of google map viewing), I got another message saying that I was close to the daily data limit and that if I continued, I would not be able to use data until tomorrow.

But I can't find anything on the 02 site that says what the daily limit is.   All I can find is a price comparison on the giffgaff site says that the 02 limit is 50MB per day, but (1) I can find no other sources for this and (2) there is no-way I used anywhere near that amount before I got the warning yesterday.

Can someone tell me what the daily limit is, please.

Also, if possible: Is there some app (Android) or tool that I can use to measure my actual data usage? Also how much to I actually have left at the time 02 sends the warning message?

much obliged

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

this T&C explains what the web daily £1 gives and other options available http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-and-data-roaming-terms-and-condit... much cheaper to get one of the data boltons hope that helps

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

this T&C explains what the web daily £1 gives and other options available http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-and-data-roaming-terms-and-condit... much cheaper to get one of the data boltons hope that helps

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Community Forums,

A Data Bolt-On is your avenue here as Adam suggests.

Smartphones cry out to be used on the net !
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
i used to be on talkalot.but when i got my smartphone i changed to payasyougogo tariff.it starts with 250 mb included then doubles.look into that it may help you as it also has mins and text which also increase
Message 4 of 4