Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data activating

Drucifer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I have purchased a Apple Watch series 5. I have paired the watch. Tried to set up the data plan. Now it just says activating. It has been saying this for 4 weeks. I have unpaired and re-paired made sure I follow the steps correctly for adding the data plan. Still nothing, I have tried to contact 02 direct several times and no one can help. Yesterday I spent 3 hours on the chat and phone only to be cut off twice. So I thought I’d try here as a last ditch attempt. Before paying up and leaving for another provider. Unfortunate I cannot get to an O2 store as I am considered high risk.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Drucifer 

Have you paid the £5.00 for the data plan?

It must be linked to an existing iPhone tariff but can't use the same allowances.

You need O2 to set it up properly for you. If O2 can't do it over the phone then the shop is your best bet.

Is there anyone who could take it on your behalf? If you phone the shop and tell them the reason you can't come yourself, I'm sure they will understand...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Drucifer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thank you for the response. I have been charged for the data plan yes. I would say it doesn’t seem to be a technical issue, as the watch can make calls and access the internet when it is in location of the phone. Do you know if I remove the data plan from my phone and watch can I re sync it??
Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Drucifer 

Check in Settings to see if you have given permission to motion and fitness.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

seewhatyoucando
  • 84 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
“3hours on the chat and phone”

Jesusss how incompetent are O2 Capita staff...

I would raise a complaint, that’s a joke.

Complaints Live Chat is here

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 5 of 12

Drucifer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Done that, didn’t seem to care. I’ve been a good customer for over 15 years. Told them that they can have the watch back and I would pay the outstanding balance on my phone. Still didn’t seem to be bothered 😕. It shows loyalty counts for nothing these days 🤣
Message 6 of 12

Drucifer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @MI5 thanks for your response motion and fitness permissions are on.
Message 7 of 12

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Message 8 of 12

Drucifer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, I have also reset the device, made sure it is fully up dated. Pair and re- paired the device and tried again. When you go into the watch up under mobile data it just has a spinning icon where the orange i should be and says activating. It has been saying this since I first had the watch.
Message 9 of 12

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi, Drucifer,
I'm assuming they have told you that it's activated on their side?
Either way, you will have to get back onto customer services on 202 or 0344 809 0202.
signature
Message 10 of 12