cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I have 4 phones on a single account for my family. Threee of the phones have data that they can share, cal them masters (I dont know the correct term sorry). Is it possible for these 'master' devices to also hare data between them? I am already sharing data with a 'child' device specifically set up to share, but wondered if it is possible to share my data with another device that also has data.

Ta

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions
If you go into the data sharing section of your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and manage your devices, it will show you which ones can share data and if you can add others or not.
All your contracts need to be pulled into one MyO2 login though first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Welcome to the community @Anonymous!

Unfortunately I don't believe it's possible to share data between master/lead devices. Instead, you would also need to have a device that's on a sharer tariff (which is different to a normal phone tariff that's sharing enabled).

The sharer tariffs are available for phones, in which case you pay for unlimited calls and texts every month, and you can connect it to one of your lead devices (that is sharing-enabled) to share data between the two.

The sharer tariffs are also available for tablets and dongles, I believe it's £7/m, and that too allows you to connect it with one of your regular sharing-enabled tariffs.

In summary, to share, you need a regular tariff that's sharing enabled (which is your master device), and the specific sharer tariff for the phone/tablet you wish to connect it up to (child device). 

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@PhoneDoc are you sure some of the leads can't be moved to a sharer tariff despite being in min term. I am almost certain my local O2 offered to sell me a device on a sharer plan (not being the lead).

However, the same guy also sold me a sim only sharer that couldnt be linked to the lead as i upgraded via CPW... hahaha so, his information may be totally off.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 9

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

It's not something I've ever tried, educated guess would be that it's not possible unfortunately

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous have you found out your options for data sharing across your accounts? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

I have a iphone with 20gb on a sharer plan and also the following:

- 2 pay as you go ipad cards with 30 data

- iPad with refresh 24 contract 500mb monthly

I want to share my iphones 20gb with any ONE on the above but over the phone they seem to say they cannot do it, over the live chat i've had nothing but poor advice and it is not that convenient for me to get to a store due to work etc.

All items are in my name and with O2.

Help!!!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions
Answered elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Answered elsewhere.

I noticed....3 times...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9