cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPA Breach

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I recently visited an O2 store to upgrade my account, and when I got home I started getting what's app messages from the sales person who sold me my upgrade. Naturally, I blocked his number, but then when I went to check my account to see if anything had been fiddled about with, I noticed that a discount I had on my account had been removed the next day. I'm assuming it was the employee who removed it after being wounded by my rejection. I've made an official complaint to O2 via the complaint review service email address, I just wondered if anyone knows who else I can complain to about this, I find it totally unacceptable.

Thanks
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
  • 125992 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous Supports what many of us have said already. The fact @Anonymous took screenshots of the messages holds her in good stead to get this complaint upheld. This O2 employee breached the trust of the customer and needs to be dealt with accordingly Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 32

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

This is shocking, please come back and update us on your complaint. I really hope that this employee gets what's coming to them 😠

Charlie. 

Message 22 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm guessing he 'actively seeking employment' as we speak. If not he should be. What a **bleep**, obviously thinks a lot of himself!

Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

As of last night I still had not heard anything from o2 about my complaint and I was planning to call them first thing this morning...

But...last night as I was getting ready to sleep, I received a message on my phone. From whom? The SAME o2 employee. He decided to message me from another number after realising I had blocked him?!

So I took to twitter, posted up all the screenshots of messages and missed calls from him. Needless to say they began to tweet back saying I should email complaint review service etc., which I have already done from last week but not heard a single thing back (apart from the confirmation email - thanks @Anonymous, i found it in my junk mail). So this morning after my friends re tweeted the screenshots like crazy I called o2 customer services and the woman I spoke to was more than helpful and took all the information and passed it onto her manager who was going to contact the store in MK where the person works and get back to me.

I missed a call from her a few moments ago when I was sorting out my daughter, so hopefully she'll call back soon with something substantial because frankly, this is disgraceful and I have had enough.

Message 24 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with this, if slowly.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 32

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Disgraceful behaviour imho......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 125992 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Obviously there was no action taken against the O2 assistant on Monday then...if he is contacting the OP last night?

This is tantamount to stalking/harrassment in my opinion. Bearing in mind this guy has all personal details of the OP. If this was happening to me I would be thinking of involving the police. Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 32

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Damn right Cleoriff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 28 of 32

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Definitely go to the police. Who knows what may happen even if o2 take action. Hell,  he knows where you live.....

Message 29 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 125992 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Definitely go to the police. Who knows what may happen even if o2 take action. Hell,  he knows where you live.....

And would have even more reason to be angry if sacked. I am not trying to frighten the OP.... but this is beyond 'breaching guidelines' now....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 32