cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPA Breach

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I recently visited an O2 store to upgrade my account, and when I got home I started getting what's app messages from the sales person who sold me my upgrade. Naturally, I blocked his number, but then when I went to check my account to see if anything had been fiddled about with, I noticed that a discount I had on my account had been removed the next day. I'm assuming it was the employee who removed it after being wounded by my rejection. I've made an official complaint to O2 via the complaint review service email address, I just wondered if anyone knows who else I can complain to about this, I find it totally unacceptable.

Thanks
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well if the advisor was keeping your number for his own personal use this is absolutely outrageous.

You definitely need to raise a complain using the correct process. I would also go back to the store. You say you blocked his number.....did you delete the messages?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Have just seen you took screenshots of the messages. Good... you have plenty of evidence.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given the gravity of what has happened I suggest you go into your local O2 store and explain to them what has happened, talking to a person rather a faceless CS rep may get it progressed easier at this stage, in the very least they should be able to advise you based on how they would have handled it. 

I wonder how many other people they have done this to? 

Message 13 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I did suggest that they went back to the store earlier but the OP claims it is too far away. Personally I would make the journey....and ensure they talk to the manager....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't see the point as a formal complaint has been made to O2, who are the only ones who can sort this out.

The store may only waffle their way around it.

The have been treated incorrectly and O2 will more than likely want to clear it up.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Either way I suspect this persons career at O2 Milton Keynes will be drawing to a close soon.

Message 16 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Either way I suspect this persons career at O2 Milton Keynes will be drawing to a close soon.

Couldn't agree more. @Anonymous  So it should Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Away from the nasty side of this issue, when you upgrade any discounts are automatically removed and have to be applied for again. Are we talking o2 open, family and friends or loyalty discount on the previous contract.

I'm not trying to detract from the disgraceful behaviour of the guy in store,  that's a whole different issue. 

Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie this was a new discount code added into my new upgrade. I never had any discounts on my first account originally as I did not qualify for any back then.

And I'm still awaiting a response from o2 since complaining, I haven't even had an acknowledgement...I don't feel like they are taking this seriously at all
Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous

What to say...Not many posts surprise me but yours...first time I've seen it!You are absolutely right to complain...!

You say you didn't even get an acknowledgment , that sounds odd because when you email the complaint review service you get an automated message confirming your complaint has been received, did you get one?

For the time being, I would personally ring 202 and ask for a manager and explain the situation. It's is very serious and the person that did needs to be reported and dealt with by O2. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 20 of 32