cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T BUY IPHONE5 FROM O2 !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, i processed an upgrade to an iphone and subsequently made a deposit payment and accepted a 24 month contract.

There was no indication of how i would receive this iphone5. Within 2 hours of my order, i received an email from 02 to say that it would be delivered the next day within 8.30 and 12.30. Stayed in all morning - nothing!!

Phoned O2 at 1pm, to be told "wait a little longer"

Phoned O2 at 2pm, to be told "our text may say that but it means 8.30 to 6pm"

Phoned O2 at 5pm, to be told "your parcel has been returned to depot but they won't give a reason" she said she will keep ringing to get an answer and call me back.

No phone call as promised, so i rang O2 at 7pm, to be told the parcel has been returned BUT UK Mail cannot give a reason.

As i was promised the iphone5 today, i have now cancelled the order and have to wait until Friday before i get a refund!!

Please don't buy phones pver the internet!!!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a few years since my old company sent me on courses to cover consumer and contract law but if I remember correctly is a company shows intent then they have not broken there contract with you added to that that a third party is involved I think you would be hard pushed to prove they have broken there contract.

Funny thing is that both liquid and myself have our own comapanies. 

Not sure about Liquid but I deal with parcel companies all the time and nothing is ever promised.

Message 11 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty simple, under the contract law my order was with O2 not UK Mail.

I studied contract law as well and i have my own business too.

O2 did show intent but said it would be delivered by 12.30 the next day, the text did not come from UK Mail. The text needs to be rewritten, they have broken the terms of the contract.

Message 12 of 49

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I could be wrong but wouldn't the supply of a phone fall within a distance selling act?

Only the contract terms fall within this "contract law" you speak off.

Steersy that is precisely the impression I'm under as to realistic service expectations.

My parcel company experience falls squarely under consumer, I very rarely use them myself to send items. (Direct from supplier to site via DPD)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I feel this is a fruitless discussion. Ill take my leave unless someone's point really reignites my interest.

Good luck OP I'm sorry you feel let down.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Any sensible person can see where the issue is and why..... I don't know why you guys bite sometimes slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 49

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Any sensible person can see where the issue is and why..... I don't know why you guys bite sometimes slight_smile

Have to agree.

Message 16 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I like beating my head against a wall what can I say:)
Message 17 of 49

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
I like beating my head against a wall what can I say:)
You still talking....? LOL slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

You ignited my interest wink

•Gets back in his cage•

Message 19 of 49

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Have to agree.

There's another one floating around, it's hate O2 night. Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 49