cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T BUY IPHONE5 FROM O2 !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, i processed an upgrade to an iphone and subsequently made a deposit payment and accepted a 24 month contract.

There was no indication of how i would receive this iphone5. Within 2 hours of my order, i received an email from 02 to say that it would be delivered the next day within 8.30 and 12.30. Stayed in all morning - nothing!!

Phoned O2 at 1pm, to be told "wait a little longer"

Phoned O2 at 2pm, to be told "our text may say that but it means 8.30 to 6pm"

Phoned O2 at 5pm, to be told "your parcel has been returned to depot but they won't give a reason" she said she will keep ringing to get an answer and call me back.

No phone call as promised, so i rang O2 at 7pm, to be told the parcel has been returned BUT UK Mail cannot give a reason.

As i was promised the iphone5 today, i have now cancelled the order and have to wait until Friday before i get a refund!!

Please don't buy phones pver the internet!!!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the post should be more like 'do not use UK mail parcel company.' 

Just to add parcel companies and the post office nationwide have a backlog in places due to flooding and general bad weather. 

Not sure how O2 can be held liable for non delivery of a parcel.

Message 2 of 49

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok so you just signed up to a 24 month contract. Yet because the phone wasn't delivered in 24 hours you changed your mind?

Bit hasty isn't it?

Nothing wrong with O2 as its been said its the delivery companies uk mail have been terrible with me and I only use them as a last resort.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally understand what you're saying BUT O2 promised it would be delivered today. You shouldn't say things if things are out of your control.

My complaint is the runaround from the customer service department and their lack of concern as to where the parcel is.

ALSO, the website did not tell me that delivery was going to be made.

Put all this together, i'm NOT being harsh!!!

Message 4 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Promised is a strong word, well hope you get your phone from the shop when you get a chance.

Message 5 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Why were you pursuing O2 when the package was with UK mail? We're you given a tracking number?

Anyone who runs a business will know that when you pay a delivery company for next day delivery you have no doubts they'll uphold their side of the deal. That's the only reason you were promised by O2, uk mail is at fault here you should give them a ring and get them to explain what's happened.

A CS rep can only do so much.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a business Liquid and i never promise anything like this.

My contract is with O2 not UK Mail. That is standard contract law.

Subsequently as i was given the parcel number by O2 and were hopless in finding out anything, UK Mail's website says delivery was attempted at 11,48am and a card was left.

Absolute rubbish as i've been home all day. You now call this good customer service???

Message 7 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You know you claim to run a business yet your seeing it from this point of view.

If you dispatched somthing to someone in good faith the delivery company was going to do as contracted would you expect the customer to be angry at you or the delivery company?

Message 8 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would expect the client to be upset with ME not the parcel company - that's called contract law!!!

Message 9 of 49

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok well...
Respectfully ill disagree.

Here you go;

http://www.o2.co.uk/storelocator

Best of luck.
Message 10 of 49