cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T BUY IPHONE5 FROM O2 !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, i processed an upgrade to an iphone and subsequently made a deposit payment and accepted a 24 month contract.

There was no indication of how i would receive this iphone5. Within 2 hours of my order, i received an email from 02 to say that it would be delivered the next day within 8.30 and 12.30. Stayed in all morning - nothing!!

Phoned O2 at 1pm, to be told "wait a little longer"

Phoned O2 at 2pm, to be told "our text may say that but it means 8.30 to 6pm"

Phoned O2 at 5pm, to be told "your parcel has been returned to depot but they won't give a reason" she said she will keep ringing to get an answer and call me back.

No phone call as promised, so i rang O2 at 7pm, to be told the parcel has been returned BUT UK Mail cannot give a reason.

As i was promised the iphone5 today, i have now cancelled the order and have to wait until Friday before i get a refund!!

Please don't buy phones pver the internet!!!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Brilliant post:) thanks for sharing:)

I believe the op may have succumbed to the general consensus and realised his over reaction.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 41 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

once it leaves o2, its up to the courier to deliver, not o2's problem, uk mail is where the buck stops

Message 42 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if after reading this whole post the OP has decided that he was a little silly and that his whole original post may have been just stupid.

Sure some wrongly used law defintions could be used here.

Message 43 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the OP has not left as he believes he is being silly!!

Complete opposite actually, yesterday we finally had a solution. The O2 rep i spoke to yesterday agreed with me 100%, leave it with me and i will get to you was his response. The rep called back within 30 minutes to offer his apologoy, the parcel is being returned to O2. He was not happy with the reaction he got from O2 and is producing a complaint to UK Mail, on my behalf. He also said that UK Mail have only just taken on the delivery contract and there have been many complaints made against UK Mail.

I don't want apologies from the guys who have posted comments on here, i just wanted to bring this to the attention of customers who are looking to upgrade online. I apologise if any of my comments offended anyone but i knew my consumer rights and was hoping to educate one or two more people. This is my last post on this subject, ending this with my head held high!!!

Message 44 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Ah well, as long as you are happy with the outcome my friend. Good luck to you and thanks for posting back. I think we can put this one to bed now:smileyhappy:

Message 45 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topcat

Sorry but either you are lying or the 'so called' O2 advisor is. I know from personal experience that O2 have been using UK mail for at least 3 months so hardly new. 

I also though you mentioned that the phone was picked up on the friday? ( less than 48 after your order) 

Look you know nothing about consumer rights as has been catergorically shown in this post, so holding your head high should be the last thing you should be doing if you run your own company.

As I have said before, give us your company name so we can judge you as badly as you chose to do so with O2 after one issue. 

Again, I would like to point out you chose not to use the tracking number and deal with the issue there and then. 

If I was talking to you as a customer, I would have said the same thing as the O2 advisor just to get you off the phone. 

People like you wind me up.

Message 46 of 49

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't want apologies from the guys who have posted comments on here, i just wanted to bring this to the attention of customers who are looking to upgrade online.

You probably won't get any so don't worry too much.

You've had a normal outcome from O2 nothing special here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 47 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

surely O2 did everything you asked - they despatched the phone the same day you ordered it - it's the courier that let you down.

Bit harsh to say never buy from them

Message 48 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously didn't think of looking at the facts before the op decided who he reckons is to blame

Message 49 of 49