cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISGUSTED with O2 Service in porting old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m disgusted with O2 service.

I’ve been with O2 for quite a few years and I decided to move to Virgin to get a cheap SIMO deal. The problem was that I didn’t do my research and wanted more than 3G and I wanted visual voicemail on my new iPhone 6s. So, after only 1 week I decided to move back to O2. I had ported my number to Virgin very easily. Porting my number back to O2 has been a terrible deceitful experience.

I got my PAC code from Virgin easily over the phone on Tuesday 10 November. I also ordered my SIM from O2 the same day, which was delivered the following day. I should say too that I work away from the UK Mon – Thurs weekly. I arrived back in the UK on Thursday 12 November and used the O2 Live Chat to provide my PAC code and port my number across to O2. I was chatting to Sachin. Sachin confirmed that everything was being processed and that the number would be ported over within 24hrs.

24hrs passed so I went back on Live chat (Friday 13 November) and spoke to Mohit, Mohit checked the status of my order and said it would be completed in a couple of hours and that I would receive a £3 discount off my bill for the inconvenience – I didn’t ask for the discount.

21:30, Friday 13 November, more than 24hrs after Sachin had confirmed that my number would be ported over within 24hrs, it still hadn’t been. I went back on Live Chat to enquire only to be told by Tushar that nothing was logged against my account and that in fact no porting process had been started at all. I asked him/her to double check, he/she confirmed nothing had been started. I asked why and he/she responded with System error, I said more like OPERATOR ERROR. I was furious, I use my number for business and it wasn’t ported over.

I decided to use the on-line form to port my number, it was submitted successfully.

08:30, Saturday 14 November, I called 202 and spoke to a very helpful service agent who told me not even the on-line form had registered against my account. I lost it. Furthermore I now have to wait 1 week to get my number ported as I work out of the UK Mon-Thurs and you have to be in the UK when the number ports.

Afraid to say I’ve let this upset my Saturday, I am disgusted with O2 and them blatantly lying to me, This is a simple task that would be carried out every day I’m sure. The problem here is off-shoring their Live Chat to India, it NEVER WORKS. I worked in a company where they did the same and it just doesn’t work, it is not worth the savings offset against the customer dissatisfaction.

Should add that I did this for my 78-year-old Mother who now is totally confused what number she is using.

Come on O2 – what are you going to do about this? I want my old number ported over urgently – SIMPLES.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I sympathise I really do....though sometimes as we have found here ...it isnt always O2's fault. Quite often it is down to vodafone and there porting process. I am not saying it is in this case...but it happens.

If you wish to make a complaint do it via this link...http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I totally agree about off shore live chat and o2's really isn't capable of some of even the most basic of tasks.
You should have called 202 in the first instance although I have a feeling that you may have yo wait for a while for the system to settle down as your number has been back and forth in a relatively short space of time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Live chat aren't capable of processing a port. You have to rely on them relaying instructions to the porting team. Call customer service.

Message 4 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
The biggest problem was cause by you OP... by using live chat. Always call... Wonder if things will improve with the pending three take over..... Oh the joys it will be to call o2 then slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 5