cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me as a first time customer of 02.  Phone ordered online, received later than advised but only by a couple of days.  Damaged and returned.

Called to find out why replacement not received.  O2 returns department advised is was sent 21 Apr, I am calling on 30 Apr.  Might live in Scotland but pony express is long gone.  They give me phone number and tracking reference for me to find what has happened.  Great customer service why are they not finding out for me.  I call at my expensive to find out tracking reference is wrong.  They check under my post code and no deliveries scheduled for my area. 

Try online chat again to be told to call the returns department again.  Eh - no.  Ofcom here I come to complain. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you wish to raise a complaint you need to use the O2 Complaints service, Ofcom cannot help you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ofcom will be able to assist as I am not waiting for you to resolve.  As your complaints system states you usually try to resolve within 8 weeks.  Not a good enough timescale as you have my money for a product I don't have.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
You're not talking to O2 and OFCOM WILL NOT be interested.
You need to follow the complaints process and if O2 cannot resolve it you need to get a letter of deadlock from them THEN go to the Ombudsman.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ofcom will be able to assist as I am not waiting for you to resolve.  As your complaints system states you usually try to resolve within 8 weeks.  Not a good enough timescale as you have my money for a product I don't have.

Sorry but you have little choice other than to follow the correct complaint procedure.

Buying goods does not come under Ofcom and they don't deal with individual complaints.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

By the way you are posting on a customer to customer forum. The advice given by @MI5 and @perksie is absolutely correct.... so at least you have saved yourself time by posting on here first....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

O2 have to help you, it's their responsibit until the phone is delivered,  not the couriers or yourself. You will wait days for Ofcom to get back to you and advise you to contact o2.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ofcom is the regulator not an ombudsman so I think you may have got a little confused there
Message 8 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Did u get a satisfactory outcome @Anonymous as you've not returned to the thread I'm going to guess that you're now sorted??

Charlie.
Message 9 of 9