cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Refferals Ignoring Me

Anonymous
Not applicable

So on the 26th of October 2016 I attempted taking out a contract with O2 through MobilesUK. I failed MobilesUK' 'internal security checks' and was told on the phone and in email that the contract has been terminated and I would receive no handset and will not be charged. Two months later I was returning the same handset which I was not supposed to receive to a DPD courier sent by MobilesUK. I was billed twice by O2 and when I asked for a refund I was told several times to contact someone else who reffered me to someone else and so on. 

In responce, I decided to cancel my direct debit as I knew I would be billed again and could not afford to pay it. I had explained the situation to O2's customer representatives and they had admitted a fault had taken place. O2 terminated the account however contacted a credit agency to put a fault of £500 in my account as a 'late payment.' O2 have ruined my credit score and are ignoring the emails I have sent in regards to this matter. I have contacted O2 credit file refferals who have ignored me again. All these problems are arising from O2 refusing to listen and cooperate. Could someone advise me on a further course of action and also if what is happening to me, legal and if not, what can be done about it as I want to explore my legal options.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Only o2 can sort this out for you so you need to persevere with customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Until some brave person takes High Court action against O2 then they will continue to make errors such as this.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Did the other members' advice help you out? Is it all fixed now? Please keep us posted Feedback  Thanks @Beenherebefore@MI5 and @jonsie for the advice! Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 6

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
oft,

contact each CRA and add a notice of correction until this mess is sorted.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6