Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Declined

AHirst44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently been trying to join a sim only plan on O2, but when I get to the final page I get this message

"Your order can't be completed.

When you apply for an O2 contract we use business policies to check your application. This time, you didn’t meet our minimum level. To find out why, email CreditFileReferrals@O2.com.

If you prefer, you can write to:

Credit File Referrals
Suite XY
Arlington Business Centre
Millshaw Park Lane
Leeds

LS11 0NE"

I contacted the O2 live chat, who told me to contact Equifax. I have been on the phone to Equifax who have looked at my credit report, and they tell me there is nothing there to suggest I would fail the credit check. They told me to ring back O2, and insist a manual check of my report takes place. So I have rung O2 and told them this, but O2 tell me it's up to Equifax whether I pass or fail the check, not O2. 

I have emailed the credit file referalls, on 22/10/21, and 04/11/21 and have had no response to either email. When I try to get through to the credit file referalls via telephone, it stays on hold for a few minutes then cuts off.

What can I do about this? I'm being passed between O2 and Equifax, both saying the other is to blame, meanwhile I'm in the middle with an excellent credit report, confused as to why I cannot get accepted. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@WOTSPO 

o2 have the right not to do business with anyone they choose just like any private enterprise.  

They have chosen to not want you as a customer, move on and go to another company, who wants your custom... 

And Virgin haven't taken over, its a JV between Telefonica and Liberty Global. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 21 of 33

WOTSPO
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice. I have no idea how I would have managed this without your help.

Your are a wonderful person Madasafish ❤️

Message 22 of 33

M3th0s
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue, 3 numbers migrating from EE due to crap coverage (downed mast).

2 SIMs went through, 3rd declined. Perfect credit score across the board (checkmyfile).

Would be nice to be told what the issue is so I could fix it.

Have emailed their credit referrals email.

Message 23 of 33

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is too many applications in a short period. It happened to me. It’s not actually declining you because of credit, it’s the fact it’s too many orders within a short period of time. 

Message 24 of 33

JJH
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WOW 

Have just called this number and managed to get my orders processed. 

Here's the problem I had

1. I made two orders but after a week they hadn't arrived.

2. Rang this morning and was told that a Credit Check had expired after 72 hours.

3. Tried to make new orders over the phone but yet again I failed the credit check. 

4. Rang the: 0800 9777793 and after a few checks, my orders (from a week ago) were both accepted! WOW

Thank you so much @mrjackster 

Message 25 of 33

OhTwoYou
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had an £8/month sim only order declined - as stated: “As well as our credit scoring system, we use business policies to check all new applications. This time, you didn’t meet the minimum level.  Our business policies are commercially sensitive, so we’re unable to tell you the specific reason for rejecting your application”.  I checked afterwards with all three of the credit agencies and I’ve good ratings across the board.  There was also no evidence I’d even been credit checked by O2.  I called 0800 9777793, got straight through and it was helpfully suggested that it might be because I used a joint account for the direct debit and to try again with an account just in my name.  Which I did and my order was accepted without problem.  O2 also did a credit check this time around, which I know because I’m now getting scores of emails from all the credit check agencies!

Message 26 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93985 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

That suggests to me @jonsie that even if an application is in an individual's name, O2 are checking both account holders if payment is to come from a joint account.  

Message 28 of 33

AndreaPV
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Solved: This happened to me and I just went to the O2 shop and they got it solved. 

1) I have recently moved home and my bank address wasn't up to date, so lady at O2 put my old address. 

2) Check for discrepancies on you bank and personal address, wrong postcodes or spelling mistakes in your name or age

3) If this is not your case it could also be you registered two accounts in the same email address

Hope that works. 

Message 29 of 33

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@AndreaPV 

Thanks for that information, much appreciated.

It also highlights how important it is for O2 to have a successful network of retail stores. 

Glad you are sorted. 👍

Message 30 of 33