Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In the contract it states that you can exercise your right to withdraw from the contract by visiting one of the o2 stores. Has anyone actually done it via the stores? I only ask this as the salesperson in the o2 store said it had to be done via customer services when I made my purchase. Seems strange as they are so efficient at setting up contracts, surely they would be the perfect people to make the withdrawal process as smooth as possible.
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No no, I understood, but I think on this case the store assistant was misunderstood.
If purchased from store, you can cancel in store.
If any other method, including click and collect, you must ring customer services.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guevara You need to contact customer service to cancel contracts. The store can’t do it 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If purchased in store it can be cancelled in store.
O2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Can you feed this back @Martin-O2 or @Marjo so that we can get clarification on this? I always understood it had to be done through customer service but if it's saying in the contract that it can be done instore then it needs to be made clear that it is only possible if purchased instore?

Message 4 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Guevara Not even an hour ago you were enquiring about Direct Debit. Have you changed your mind that quickly?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

@Guevara Not even an hour ago you were enquiring about Direct Debit. Have you changed your mind that quickly?

And made enquiries at the store in that time too?

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes I do find both posts confusing. One enquiring about direct debit and the other regarding the cooling off period.

With regards to the change of mind policy though, it does quite clearly state the process for return.

I always thought if bought instore it was returned instore

Online or telephone purchases returned using Customer services.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I just feel a little uneasy that o2 make it is so easy to set up a contract yet judging by the thread I was just directed to make it a stressful and frustrating experience trying to leave. I was on o2 PAYG for years and never once had any problem with the company in fact I wanted to stay with o2 but this contract thing seems on a whole other level, everything seems so complicated. I was attracted to the part where you could pay off your phone early then simply stay, go, change to a PAYG tariff. From some of what I've read it is not always that simple. As for changing my mind so quickly, I am just trying to discover more about what options are open to us all as o2 customers. The guides I have read have been very informative,so thank you all for writing them.
Message 8 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It really is that simple, you're over thinking things.
Your discount will get applied if told it would.
Your direct debit will leave your bank on the date o2 tell you in your bill which will be emailed to you, and text to you as well.
If you have reservations, pop into your o2 store, they are paid to help you, and will do.
Lastly, enjoy your new phone.
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@GuevaraGood for you being cautious and doing your research. You need have no worries as the members on here are always willing to help.... so welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21