Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In the contract it states that you can exercise your right to withdraw from the contract by visiting one of the o2 stores. Has anyone actually done it via the stores? I only ask this as the salesperson in the o2 store said it had to be done via customer services when I made my purchase. Seems strange as they are so efficient at setting up contracts, surely they would be the perfect people to make the withdrawal process as smooth as possible.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The conversation in-store happened when I purchased my device two days ago. I was rereading the contract and descovered it said you could withdraw from the credit agreement by visiting an o2store. The salesperson talked to me about the cancelling process when I made my purchase and said it couldn't be done in-store. Sorry if my previous post didn't make the timeline clear.
Message 11 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No no, I understood, but I think on this case the store assistant was misunderstood.
If purchased from store, you can cancel in store.
If any other method, including click and collect, you must ring customer services.
Message 12 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No worries at all. We find sometimes O2 staff can confuse people Confused.

Best of luck anyway wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As wiser people than me say, "It's not what you're told that counts, it's what you have in writing."
Message 14 of 21

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, yes maybe I am overthinking things but I am new to the contract side of things, and thank you cleoriff for such a lovely welcome!
Message 15 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Always best to be thorough,
And welcome.
Message 16 of 21

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, it'good to be here!
Message 17 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Can you feed this back @Martin-O2 or @Marjo so that we can get clarification on this? I always understood it had to be done through customer service but if it's saying in the contract that it can be done instore then it needs to be made clear that it is only possible if purchased instore?

Thanks for the tag @jonsie, have asked for some information on this and will post back when we have something. slight_smile

Good to have you here @Guevara, welcome! slight_smile Please do let us know how you get on with the new phone.

Message 18 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Received some information on this. slight_smile

If a customer purchases a new phone or processes an upgrade directly via O2 Store, and then changes their mind, they would need to process the return/exchange via O2 Store. 

If the order is placed online or over the phone, the customer would need to call in to Customer Service to arrange a return via O2 store even if the ‘Click &Collect’ option was chosen and handset was actually picked up from the store.

I hope that helps!

Message 19 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Received some information on this. slight_smile

If a customer purchases a new phone or processes an upgrade directly via O2 Store, and then changes their mind, they would need to process the return/exchange via O2 Store. 

If the order is placed online or over the phone, the customer would need to call in to Customer Service to arrange a return

If customer purchases a new phone or processes an upgrade directly via O2 store and then changes his/her mind they would need to process return ( or exchange)  via O2 store even if the ‘Click &Collect’ option was chosen and handset was actually picked up from the store.

I hope that helps!

Pretty much as we thought @Marjo.

Please send your response to every O2 store. Some of their advisors get this wrong Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 21