Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract sim

L_petch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If i have a contract sim but i want to change the amount of data i get a month , with less texts and minutes , is that possible ?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@L_petchYou are allowed to upgrade your tariff but not downgrade it. It also depends on what you are paying now for your current tariff......

You will be better off contacting customer services to see what they can advise https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add, you could purchase extra data bolt ons every month but this is an expensive method....so giving CS a call is your best bet

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@L_petchYou are allowed to upgrade your tariff but not downgrade it. It also depends on what you are paying now for your current tariff......

You will be better off contacting customer services to see what they can advise https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add, you could purchase extra data bolt ons every month but this is an expensive method....so giving CS a call is your best bet

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There are no tariffs with more data and less minutes anymore. Most tariffs have unlimited calls and texts and it’s really just the data content you are deciding on. More data simply means a higher monthly cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or assuming you are on refresh (separate device plan, to service plan) and still in term.

you could pay off your device (in one lump sum rather than over a period of months) then you are free to 'upgrade'  to a lower data sim only one month or twelve monthly tarrif'. Instead of changing tarrif' which will only let you increase as @Anonymous points out.

Or if you are already out of term you are (somewhat) free to change tarrif, upgrade or downgrade as you please.

You can do all that online, yourself. No need to speak to CS. Other than issuing a PAC code to leave there is very little that CS can do that you can't using MyO2 certainly till you get past 1st line support.

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @L_petch slight_smile Did you find a better suited contract for your needs with the info our members shared above? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5