Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Start Date - Watch

nbkhw1z
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning all, I am about to buy the Apple 6 Series watch (on PAY contract) for my Wife. However, I don’t want the ‘contract’ to start until Christmas Day when she opens it but I obviously need to order it well in advance so can receive it in time, wrap it and make sure it arrives on a day she is in work. Can I post date a contract? I.E buy the watch today but ask for the ‘cellular’ bit to start as of the 25th? Or is this just not possible? I want to buy it on contract, not buy the watch then add the sim. Thanks all.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@nbkhw1z 

The contract starts from the date it is dispatched and must be linked to the phone number on the account that the watch is purchased from. So if it is for your wife, it must be bought on her contract.

To avoid that route, you can buy from Apple on their credit plan and then just apply the data plan at a later date when the watch has been given as a gift.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

nbkhw1z
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant. Thank you very much all.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions
just be aware @nbkhw1z Apple are now saying after Christmas and just before New Year across the majority of their watches for delivery direct from Apple.
--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Most likely the same for O2.

Message 6 of 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
A lot of the watches are available for collection though from your local Apple Stores before Christmas (cellular versions anyway), so if you live close to one click and collect could be an option from Apple
Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions
And every over network by the looks of it....
--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 8