cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I earn a good wage, in excess of £35k a year, I have a mortgage for over £170k and over 70k equity in my propertyI owe nothing on credit cards, have never been blacklisted or subject to a CCJMy bank account has in excess of 3.5k a month paid in and I am a former pay monthly customer with you and have a mobile contract with Orange which is £50.00 per month.

That contract expired and I thought I'd return to O2 as the service with Orange was poorOn spending over an hour selecting a plan for a Samsung Galaxy S3, provided all of my details and arranged the contract, the credit check bounced back with a conditional offer, £400.00 deposit required....

I have confirmed with my bank there are no issues and checked with Experian on my credit scoringPlease can you explain why I cannot afford a £36.00 a month contract and justify thisIt seems as though I have been unfairly disadvantaged and when contacting your credit scoring company, I have to wait 10days for a reply

Clearly my custom and money is not wanted by O2I suspect the issue is I am not on the voters register but there is a legitimate reason for this (work purposes) but nobody has had the manner sor courtesy to askI own my property have done so for 6 years, I'm married and dont have a criminal record

Whats wrong with my money as I see no reason why I should pay such a deposit to then not get it back and have my money put into an account to pay my bills??????  Customer Service is poor and when this matter is finally resolved, I look forward to sharing it......

A very disapointed customer!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Quite agree on that account.

I just can't see why they won't ignore the electoral rol bit seeing the situation your in. Along with a great credit score:/.

I know its not ideal but can you not just pay the deposit you would get it back after a few months. You could just leave it in there to pay the contract rather than dd from your account.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could but unfortunately, my stubbornness stops me from doing so.  I remember buying phones when I was 16/17yrs old (I'm now in my 30's) and paying deposits etc and could understand because I was a 'risk'.  Now I am this age, don't see why I should be paying up-front for what i think is a failed personal system.  If O2 don't want my money, I'd stay with Orange but think that's a shame.  Oh well we will see....

Message 12 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
All I can suggest is to lodge a formal complaint.

I can understand them being iffy but the system should allow more leeway for customers that could be in your situation. Generally electoral roll is for tracing customers should they default. Yet in my opinion having a mortgage should cover that aspect happily.

You'll have to let us know how you get on and what you decide to do.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Being on the electoral roll just stipulates that you are a resident of the UK with a fixed address. A credit check can obviously confirm such details with the mortgage and bank accounts. I nthink that I too would feel aggrieved in the same situation.

Message 14 of 17

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Being on the electoral roll just stipulates that you are a resident of the UK with a fixed address. A credit check can obviously confirm such details with the mortgage and bank accounts. I nthink that I too would feel aggrieved in the same situation.

Correction, its that you are a resident in the UK at an address at the time of registering. Technically you could have a mortgage yet work abroad e.g. renting out your house which then of course flags up as a flight risk. Or have multiple properties which can then flag up as a multiple account fraud. Lots of reasons....but the credit referral team should be contactable over this situation especially if you have a legal doc saying why you're excluded from the electoral roll.

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're not going to get anyone on Customer Services at O2 who is going to be able to talk about, at length, why your credit check did not result in an unconditional acceptance. They won't be drawn into an argument with your about it.

They've suggested speaking to the credit referral team. They're a non-customer facing team so they won't be available by telephone. Feel free to email them at creditreferrals@o2.com, stating your case.

I imagine the electoral roll is the issue here, I'm sure credit referrals will confirm. However, don't expect them to change on this just for you, it will be a business rule they won't be able to deviate from.

I'd say you did well to get an offer of acceptance at all - maybe its a testament to your good credit rating that not being on the electoral roll didn't result in flat-out refusal. You could always look at it from that point of view.

Ultimately, arguing about it here won't change the situation at all. Only the credit referral team have the ability/authority to over-ride things to do with your credit rating.
Message 17 of 17