cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Loophole?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have gathered that the only way to get out of my contract is by showing a way that 02 basically havent kept up their end of the deal... 

My contract started in January 2013...and 02's prices went up in Feb 2013 in line with inflation. The contract states that they have to let us know at least 30 days before the charge is introduced, however 02 notified their customers in December 2012 to cover their backs. I was not a customer at this point and therefore did not receive the notification. Does this mean they have broken the terms of the contract as I was not notified of the increase in prices?? 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 I was not a customer at this point and therefore did not receive the notification. Does this mean they have broken the terms of the contract as I was not notified of the increase in prices?? 

No because it was made public before you signed up, you'll have to do better than that!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No not at all. It was well publicised and the information was readily available on the website.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sure thats part of 02's T&C's too regarding increase.

I believe one way of quashing a contract is to state that the Network does not provide reasonable service.

This has been in the courts before but its rare and a long drawn out process !

Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 I was not a customer at this point and therefore did not receive the notification. Does this mean they have broken the terms of the contract as I was not notified of the increase in prices?? 

No because it was made public before you signed up, you'll have to do better than that!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be fair it was worth a try Smiley Very Happy

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The OP is stuck in a 2 year contract but is going to live in Australia. He's clutching at straws really, paying £50/month for another 16/17 months for a contract that will be useless to him. Sad, fact of life really and nothing can be done other than pay up the contract. Not an O2 problem, just a change in life for the OP.

Message 6 of 14

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Its a longshot but they could try and find someone to take over the contract and get customer services to do a change of ownership.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As its been suggested ' its not an o2 problem' but it would be nice if in situations like this a bit of help could be offered by o2. Such as an o2 refresh type situation where the handset could be paid off. If he could send proof of the move etc, would they really offer no help /discount at all?
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only other instance I can think of when a Network would suspend an account is if the account holder is being shipped into a War Zone.

Message 10 of 14