cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Loophole?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have gathered that the only way to get out of my contract is by showing a way that 02 basically havent kept up their end of the deal... 

My contract started in January 2013...and 02's prices went up in Feb 2013 in line with inflation. The contract states that they have to let us know at least 30 days before the charge is introduced, however 02 notified their customers in December 2012 to cover their backs. I was not a customer at this point and therefore did not receive the notification. Does this mean they have broken the terms of the contract as I was not notified of the increase in prices?? 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 and most major companies tend to be inflexible when it comes to contracts I'm afraid.

Message 11 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
As its been suggested ' its not an o2 problem' but it would be nice if in situations like this a bit of help could be offered by o2. Such as an o2 refresh type situation where the handset could be paid off. If he could send proof of the move etc, would they really offer no help /discount at all?

Possibly why O2 Refresh was brought in, but it will never apply retrospectively.

I've never figured why anyone would sign a mobile phone contract for 2 years though, but they do.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As its been suggested ' its not an o2 problem' but it would be nice if in situations like this a bit of help could be offered by o2. Such as an o2 refresh type situation where the handset could be paid off. If he could send proof of the move etc, would they really offer no help /discount at all?

Possibly why O2 Refresh was brought in, but it will never apply retrospectively.

I've never figured why anyone would sign a mobile phone contract for 2 years though, but they do.

Is it because the handset choices are better / free ?

Thrown in freebies too. 

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not so long ago there was no choice but to go for 2 year contracts as O2 changed their business strategy. Sense seems to prevail now whereby 1 year contracts are available again. Then again....maybe not when the next iMusthave 5s is released?

Message 14 of 14