cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is going on with connectivity in the Darlington area ??............. How long are O2 going to be up the mast ??

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This is all we know, it looks as if you're getting 4G and it could take up to a couple of weeks to complete:

Live results for Darlington, England

• Our network is currently working fine

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 10:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This is all we know, it looks as if you're getting 4G and it could take up to a couple of weeks to complete:

Live results for Darlington, England

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 10:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Whilst my area was being updated it was actually surprisingly quickly sorted!

That really has no bearing on your area, but as a guide it'll be 2-3 weeks as an average estimate...

Message 3 of 11

Southend-area
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I've been with 02 for years now & lived in my current property for 7 years.

Lately my phone reception where I live is so bad that everyone complains who calls me, or those that I call and we always end up using the landline, which is costing me more & means I'm not using my minutes up....!

What has gone wrong in the southend-on-sea SS2 postcode area with 02...!?!

Message 4 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It looks as if you're getting 4G:

Live results for SS2

Updated 14:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
Signal will be patchy for a period of time whilst the network improvements take place, but it will be worth it in the end.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

So whle your man 'does his thing' to implement 4G then the customers paying for 2G and 3G cannot connect to the service ??.... it isn't 'patchy' or 'intermittent'..... it is non-existent. Of course O2 will be offering a refund to customers who are paying for a service but not receiving a service ??

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So whle your man 'does his thing' to implement 4G then the customers paying for 2G and 3G cannot connect to the service ??.... it isn't 'patchy' or 'intermittent'..... it is non-existent. Of course O2 will be offering a refund to customers who are paying for a service but not receiving a service ??

Hi @Anonymous

I think you are mistaken. The guy doing the mast isn't our man...he works for O2. We are all customers on this forum and many of us suffer with the same mast upgrading problems as yourself...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Definitely not our man!

Call customer service when coverage is restored and they will normally offer a goodwill gesture. They can easily check on the system when you have been unable to make calls.

Message 9 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course O2 will be offering a refund to customers who are paying for a service but not receiving a service ??

Maybe a goodwill gesture but not compensation as there are no guarantees of continuous service.

Message 10 of 11