Did you mean: 

Conference calling charges

steve38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a pay monthly customer and I just has CS activate the conference/merge calls option on my sim.

Could someone please advise up to date call charge details for using the conf call option. I did search the community and did find some data on this but it was a few years old and obviously not relevant now.

Regards

Stevo

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@steve38

This was correct as of February this year https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/m-p/1107340#M159359 

There are a few ways to get more that one person on the line. 

1. Merging calls

You can have up to 3 people on a normal consumer account, for example , you merges 2 friends on the same call. This will come out of you inclusive allowance and If all 3 are on unlimited minutes then they won’t be charged.

If you want more than 3 people in the call see below: (this needs to be requested and added to the your account by customer services.)

2. GROUP CONFERENCING up to 49 people on a call at once

• Business account Customers 8 pence per minute (including VAT)
  • All Pay Monthly / Pay & Go customers will be charged at 15 pence per minute (including VAT).

NON O2 callers (from other networks) are charged at the same rate as calling an O2 mobile from their Networks plan.

Each person including the chairperson who dials in to the conference call will be charged this rate above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@steve38

This was correct as of February this year https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/m-p/1107340#M159359 

There are a few ways to get more that one person on the line. 

1. Merging calls

You can have up to 3 people on a normal consumer account, for example , you merges 2 friends on the same call. This will come out of you inclusive allowance and If all 3 are on unlimited minutes then they won’t be charged.

If you want more than 3 people in the call see below: (this needs to be requested and added to the your account by customer services.)

2. GROUP CONFERENCING up to 49 people on a call at once

• Business account Customers 8 pence per minute (including VAT)
  • All Pay Monthly / Pay & Go customers will be charged at 15 pence per minute (including VAT).

NON O2 callers (from other networks) are charged at the same rate as calling an O2 mobile from their Networks plan.

Each person including the chairperson who dials in to the conference call will be charged this rate above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

steve38
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the fast response.

I had tried to merge calls and got an error every time, searched the forum and found posts stating that call merge needed to be activated.  This is what I requested and now call merge works.

Now my problem is how do I know what has been activated on my sim ? call merge or conf call as obviously I cant tell when calling 2 people.

option 1 states up to 3 people on the call

option 2 states up to 49 people on a call at once -  this includes up to 3 callers.

Is there a way that i can tell which of the two services has been activated ? 

Steve

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It will likely be a bolt on so should show in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

steve38
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmm, I now have a Bolt On named  "Conference Call Access"

So I take it that I need them to remove the bolt on but leave call merge access (supposing I only need 3 callers on conf at a time.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Probably easier to just leave it as is........
The conf call charges are only applicable if you dial into the conf call number.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

steve38
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, ok ... so I can use the lower charge version of merge for up to 3 in call and keep the option of the higher charge for more participants if needed ... cool

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, that's it.
No worries and welcome to the forum.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8