cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - No answer for over 2 weeks!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting increasingly fed up with O2, I have complained about 4 times in the past few weeks hoping for either a callback or a response to my several emails. But over 2 weeks later I have not heard a thing.

In the complaints proceedure it states that you hope to resolve issues within a week, I just want to know if it is customary to just ignor your customers? Especially when I have even copied in Ofcom, Trading Standards and O2's CEO? 

Can anyone on here actually help, customer service and web chat, to say the least, are utterly incabable of even stringing a sentance together, let alone organise anything of which I have asked.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Complaints Procedure is outlined here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Have you had a look at this page?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

The Impartial Complaints Review service aims to deal with your case within 7 days.

However you need to allow up to 8 weeks for a complaint to be dealt with, at which point you can contact the Ombudsman:

Dispute Resolution

If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:

Ombudsman Services: Communications

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

Phone: 0330 440 1614 

Textphone: 0330 440 1600

www.os-communications.org

Email: enquiries@os-communications.org

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices. 

What problems are you having though? One of us here might be able to help?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Complaints Procedure is outlined here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Have you had a look at this page?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

The Impartial Complaints Review service aims to deal with your case within 7 days.

However you need to allow up to 8 weeks for a complaint to be dealt with, at which point you can contact the Ombudsman:

Dispute Resolution

If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:

Ombudsman Services: Communications

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

Phone: 0330 440 1614 

Textphone: 0330 440 1600

www.os-communications.org

Email: enquiries@os-communications.org

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices. 

What problems are you having though? One of us here might be able to help?

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I hope it doesn't take 8 weeks for them to reply!
Do you work for O2?
Basically BT openzone was removed, without any notice to me what so ever.
When I renewed my contract (I have been with o2 for 10 years on p&g and contract) I was sold the benefit of BT openzone, which attracted me to stay and I was led to believe that the service would continue throughout my contract.
I am now using all of my data each month as I am no longer able to connect to openzones which were close to work etc, so am at a direct loss from the removal of openzone access and in essence I have been mis-sold my contract.

I have spoken to o2 a lot, wasting countless hours sitting on the phone or staring at a screen waiting for the online 'complaints' handlers to slowly type their incomprehensible repetitive rubbish, some have understood and offered minimal compensation (considering I could just walk away from it with no charges!) but others have literally said well you can just go then!

Shocking considering I should be a valued customer!
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I really do sympathise but no amount of complaint will re introduce this.

Loyalty sadly is not what it once was !

When did you upgrade ?

"Led to believe" -

did you get anything in writing to support this ?

You may have looked at the official 02 link but here it is anyway

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,T=vanillaCase,VARSET_COBJID=4190...

http://www.o2.co.uk/wifiservices

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded only 4 or so months ago, and I'm not trying to bring it back I want to be compensated in the form of more data per month free of charge as I was not made aware and was led to believe it would remain for the duration of the contract.

Nothing in writing, but the sales call will most likely be recorded, and as everyone is aware salesmen will say anything to make you happy.
Also the advertising of openzone was at the forefront of the campaign to attract new customers so I find it unacceptable to lure customers in with benefits and not tell them that actually this can be removed at any time without notice.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh and with regard to o2 hotspots, they are of absolute no benefit to me, I have never seen one on my phone and there are none close to me! How o2 can say that this is the same if not better than openzone I do not know!
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also the advertising of openzone was at the forefront of the campaign to attract new customers so I find it unacceptable to lure customers in with benefits and not tell them that actually this can be removed at any time without notice.

02 cover themselves like many other companies do in their T&C's.

Previous Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement (April 2011- April 2013)

2.10 We can add to, change, substitute, or discontinue any Additional Services at any time. We don’t guarantee any particular Additional Services will continue to be available.

Here's the link to the full content.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/previous-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement-(april2011-april2013)

Message 7 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh and with regard to o2 hotspots, they are of absolute no benefit to me, I have never seen one on my phone and there are none close to me! How o2 can say that this is the same if not better than openzone I do not know!

O2 are within their rights to provide an alternative service for wi-fi, and theirs is better than the BT one with more hotspots now available.

Your complaint will not stand up.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if you look at 2.10 you'll see that it is actually an unfair term in a contract;

5.—(1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.

(2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.

So either way o2 have either mis-sold me a product or my contract is unfair.

I am not asking for much, and as far as I am concerned I am fully within my rights to walk away with no disconnection charges, which I do not want to do as I am a long term customer.

So if my complaint won't 'stand up' why have I already been offered insufficient compensation?
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe that free access to the BT Hotspots was a term of your contract. If anything it is a benefit to having taken out a contract with O2. so I don't see how any contract has been mis-sold or unfair.

I don't believe for a second that you became an O2 customer because of the free BT Hotspot access. Does this mean you are a BT Broadband customer as they also get access to BT Openzone for free?

You're clutching at straws I'm afraid and I think the "compensation" was merely a goodwill gesture.

As already mentioned, you still have access to far more O2 Hotspots which provide better access anyway. Are there none where you are that you could connect to instead of using your data allowance?

Message 10 of 16