Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Sarah11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t think that good enuff there people went out of business and there people that has kids that schools and nursery can’t get hold of the parents because the phone was down and we have to pay the phone bill compensation should be more though stress
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sarah11 The compensation is relative to the amount of time customers lost service. No one 'went out of business' because their phone was down for one day.

This is the statement from O2, and this is what you'll receive if you are an O2 customer:

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sarah11 The compensation is relative to the amount of time customers lost service. No one 'went out of business' because their phone was down for one day.

This is the statement from O2, and this is what you'll receive if you are an O2 customer:

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Sarah11
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It wouldn’t make no different if it was one day or 2 days if there only people that have mobile phone and schools and nursery has to contact the parents to pick there kids up if they are ill how would we know if are children wasn’t well because they can’t get though to use
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sarah11 No mobile network guarantees 100% up time. None. It's in the Terms & Conditions you agreed to, and is the same for every network. No technology is perfect. Things break. That's just the way it is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

SteveoR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well tbh I was something as I missed the birth of my son. My Mrs had 3 weeks left of the pregnancy so we were not too worried.

To cut a long story short I missed the birth as nobody could get in touch with me or my colleague as we are both on o2. Got home to find nobody there and my panicked neighbour telling to get to the hospital ASAP. But it was too late

I am not happy
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SteveoR Sorry to hear you missed such a momentous event, but I'm not sure what you expect anyone to do about it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

SteveoR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There is nothing anyone can do but I'm just letting people know.
Message 7 of 8

laura_igl
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. We have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 8 of 8