cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recieved a call yesterday from a company called Quality Communications stating that they were calling on behalf of O2 regarding upgrade, has anyone else heard from this caller?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 do allow trusted partners to call their customers.

General rule of thumb is to not engage with any to upgrade or discuss your account.

Do that with O2 via 202 or through your my02

You can turn this off inn your myo2 to stop these calls too.

If your phone has blocking calls facility I'd add it to this too.

"You could check in your Myo2 to see what your preferences, list of options on the left, choose My Choices or write to O2 to remove yourself from this type of cold call again.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

From O2's T&C.

21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 do allow trusted partners to call their customers.

General rule of thumb is to not engage with any to upgrade or discuss your account.

Do that with O2 via 202 or through your my02

You can turn this off inn your myo2 to stop these calls too.

If your phone has blocking calls facility I'd add it to this too.

"You could check in your Myo2 to see what your preferences, list of options on the left, choose My Choices or write to O2 to remove yourself from this type of cold call again.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

From O2's T&C.

21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website."

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you look at a post from TiinaLouise which is several posts below yours you will see that she has had problems with an over the phone contract. It's best not to deal with cold callers, be they legitimate or not.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Google returns literally hundreds of results for Quality Communications so I would avoid them like the plague tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have no doubt that a lot of people have had an OK experience with these trusted partners...however we have heard some horror stories.

Overall they tend to be pushy and unrelenting in their efforts to get you to sign..

Personally I would only ever deal direct with the network (O2)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Trusted to do "what"? is the question.........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel that o2 has a duty of care to inform customers who these anonymous so called partners are 

and publish their numbers so that we can choose to answer them or block them as surely we have a right to our privacy.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Anyone can get hold of your number in a variety of different ways.

Many will say they are partners when they are not - none of them are to be trusted in my opinion.

I've also advised you on checking your marketing preferences here on your other post https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cold-Caller/m-p/1070299/highlight/false#M135264

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9