Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close 1 account but switch number to 2nd account

Briandon73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I currently have an account which is coming to an end and a new account I have taken out, I want to keep the number from account 1 and change it to account 2 then close down account 1 how do I do this?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Briandon73 simply call 202 and ask customer services to migrate your original number to the new account.

This will immediately end the old contract and generate your final bill.

If the contract hasn't reached it's minimum term you will have to pay cancellation fees, but if not, it's a bill for just 30 days which is the statutory notice period.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Briandon73 You need to speak to customer service. Call. Don't use Live Chat for this. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Briandon73 simply call 202 and ask customer services to migrate your original number to the new account.

This will immediately end the old contract and generate your final bill.

If the contract hasn't reached it's minimum term you will have to pay cancellation fees, but if not, it's a bill for just 30 days which is the statutory notice period.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Briandon73, I hoe you found the information above useful but please let us know how you're getting on with this and if you need any further help at all slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Briandon73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the replies, I will get on this on my next day off.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Best of luck.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6