cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat service

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the point of the chat service ???

I just spent over 40 minutes with them trying to get a refund for an unauthorised payment taken from me - they said they could not help - and they were having 'system problem' so could not check what I was saying.

I phoned a the voice service and got everything satisfactorully resolved in minutes ( and most of that was waiting for someone to be available)

My advice don't bother with 'Chat' speak to a real person who will listen and speedily help.

PS did you know? If you sign up to ;Auto Top-Up' a payment is immediately taken - If it says this anywhere it certainly isn't very clear or prominent

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you get through to a UK chat adviser then live chat is fit for purpose.  Get through to South Africa or other and it isn't. 

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@AnonymousRe your comment about auto top up...this is how it works

*Auto Top-Up

To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.

You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

PS did you know? If you sign up to ;Auto Top-Up' a payment is immediately taken - If it says this anywhere it certainly isn't very clear or prominent

Yes we did know.

It's been discussed on here previously and it states that £10 (or your designated amount) will be taken at the start of the process online.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4