cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my two year old daughter was watching cartoons on my phone whilst I was driving, but she has managed to ring a number which has resulted in charges to my account is there anyway to get these scrapped? Was told call has to be investigated but I don't think o2 recorded your calls?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 don't record the calls made from your phone but they will investigate if the call was made from it. This will prove, unfortunately, that the call was made from your phone and it's your responsibility to pay the bill.
In future, don't let your daughter use it unsupervised.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 don't record the calls made from your phone but they will investigate if the call was made from it. This will prove, unfortunately, that the call was made from your phone and it's your responsibility to pay the bill.
In future, don't let your daughter use it unsupervised.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The charges will not be scrapped as there was nothing untoward happening & that you were aware that the call was made

Message 3 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
A 2 year old managed to dial a (probable) 10 digit number and get it correct ????????

Or did she click on a link to a phone number ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
A 2 year old managed to dial a (probable) 10 digit number and get it correct ????????

Or did she click on a link to a phone number ?

I think 'clicking on a link' probably happened here. Thats so easy to do. (My 3 year old grandaughter did it last year with her mums phone...) Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5