cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges on bill for calls not made

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if anyone is having a similar experience to myself, but I am having charges on mobile bills going back the past 2-3 months for calls to a mobile number that I don't know and is not saved in my phone.

According to the T&C's the number should be included in minutes but when I spoke to O2 they said it was logged as a special number. Calls are being made on my account to a number that the phone does not log as being called. I tried calling it the otherday and it is a voicemail box with someone with I think an Australian accent. I am definitely not making the calls the bills state I am and the phone has not been out of my posession.

The number in question is 07937642129. My bills show calls as many as every 1-2 days lasting between 10-30 seconds, which doesn't sound much but it is racking up my call charges!

I spoke with someone around a week ago and was told that someone p[robably borrowed my phone and altered the call log history. Only when I insisted I have not actively made these calls was I told an investigation had been launched and I would hear, back but I have not heard anything.

There was something online about apps with call permissions making calls that the phone would have no record of, but I have heavily limited the app permissions to very mainstream apps and the issue is ongoing.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks! James 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 11