cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges on bill for calls not made

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if anyone is having a similar experience to myself, but I am having charges on mobile bills going back the past 2-3 months for calls to a mobile number that I don't know and is not saved in my phone.

According to the T&C's the number should be included in minutes but when I spoke to O2 they said it was logged as a special number. Calls are being made on my account to a number that the phone does not log as being called. I tried calling it the otherday and it is a voicemail box with someone with I think an Australian accent. I am definitely not making the calls the bills state I am and the phone has not been out of my posession.

The number in question is 07937642129. My bills show calls as many as every 1-2 days lasting between 10-30 seconds, which doesn't sound much but it is racking up my call charges!

I spoke with someone around a week ago and was told that someone p[robably borrowed my phone and altered the call log history. Only when I insisted I have not actively made these calls was I told an investigation had been launched and I would hear, back but I have not heard anything.

There was something online about apps with call permissions making calls that the phone would have no record of, but I have heavily limited the app permissions to very mainstream apps and the issue is ongoing.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks! James 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Check that its not saved as your voicemail number, or that calls are being diverted there rather than your voicemail. Try calling *#61# then *#62# then *#67#. Each time you should be told what, if any, number your diverts are set to. None should read that number. If they do, dial ##61# etc to cancel the diverts.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Number is listed as 07937642129 Walters Jace 23UFGU Eastington and Standish , Stroud
http://uk-community.com/uk-community.php?id=I365582
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks yeah I had seen that listing as I googled the number. It doesn't make sense to me that it is listed as a special number by O2 when an internet search makes it look like a normal mobile, and why it is on my bill when I am not calling it. Thanks for you reply!
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Only cs can help answer that mate - it certainly appears to be normal!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Best guess would be it's a premium number hidden behind a mobile number (if such thing exists?)
Message 5 of 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Check that its not saved as your voicemail number, or that calls are being diverted there rather than your voicemail. Try calling *#61# then *#62# then *#67#. Each time you should be told what, if any, number your diverts are set to. None should read that number. If they do, dial ##61# etc to cancel the diverts.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
The 07937 range is a Jersey Telecom Number and as such is not counted as a UK number, for billing etc. (We have offices in Jersey 🙂 )

These numbers are usually used on global sims if issued in the UK.

As such they are classed as Special numbers and charged as such...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I fully understand that but the OP is adamant he hasn't called that number so somehow calls are being routed through that number. O2 need to investigate. 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous it might be worth you installing AVG anti virus just to see if that flags any suspicious apps on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your help. I checked the divert calls log as detailed by a member above and one of those was set to call this number after 20 seconds! I have no idea how as I didn't set it knowingly - appears to be an attempt by an app to make some money I assume. Thank you!

Message 10 of 11