Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged when abroad but Data Roaming switched off

Magneticisland
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi O went to Turkey in the summer and had data roaming switched off but I got charged for my travel pack everyday as it looked like a number had been messaged each day. This was not one of my contacts. Asked o2 to investigate but never got back to me. Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened before I contact again to dispute as it raised my bill by £30 for 7 days and I don’t want to travel again and have the same problem. TIA Paula
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What was the number?
O2 don't show the number you text from abroad, just their international gateway number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Magneticisland, it would be great to hear how you're getting on with this and if you've made any progress?

Message 3 of 5

Magneticisland
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m sorry I can no longer view the itemised bill. It came under things I had purchased on the bill summary. I will be contacting o2 to chase complaint but with recent service outage lines have been busy. Thanks for info
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Magneticisland

Is this any good to you at all? It takes you back to the last 18 months of bills.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-do-I-get-to-the-Download-Bill-page/ba-p/1014096

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5