Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a call I didn't make

sparkyA1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently found that I had no credit left on my phone - checked records and found that I had been charged for a 1 hour 33 minute call. Looking at the details found that the call was made to a number that had called me earlier that morning - it was a scam type call saying that I was required to obtain a public performance licence for playing music. Needless to say I have nothing to do with this and told the caller that but he was quite aggressive. Eventually got rid of him. I did not call this number back. At the time of the call I was watching TV with the phone nearby so know that no one else could have made the call. I did not see any activity on my phone during this period. O2 say I made the call and the charge stands. How could this call have been made without my knowledge? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice or ideas welcome. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Very frustrating and annoying. Hope you get some satisfaction out of this. These type of scams make me seethe with anger.

Message 11 of 19

sparkyA1
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Just to update on the situation, have just had a call from O2 and they have credited my account with the amount that was charged on this call. They have emphasized that this is a one off credit which does not mean that they agree with my claim and they are certain that their network is 100% secure and such a call could not have been made. Their only explanation is that the call was made accidentally or by someone else but I know this did not happen. I appreciate O2's response and thank them for their help in this matter. I will be particularly vigilant if I am called by the same people again.

Thanks for your interest.

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Thanks for updating....
If your phone has the capability, add the number to your blocked list (or download an app to give you the facility. That way they can't do you again.
Pleased you got a good result from O2 in the end slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123298 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Good result @sparkyA1 You obviously got hold of a member of CS with common sense wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That's great news, it shows what can be done with a little perserverence and some common sense.

Message 15 of 19

sparkyA1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks the advice , will do that - but looking at the reports on Google regarding this company(?) they have lots of numbers. But a good result and good for O2.

Message 16 of 19

sparkyA1
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it looks like it. She was helpful.

Message 17 of 19

sparkyA1
  • 18 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's right. It takes a lot of time and effort but worth it in the end.

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for updating @sparkyA1
Message 19 of 19