cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Warranty, but brand new phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 the end of last month, when it arrived the screen was chipped and didn't work. So I phoned up the O2 helpline which advices me to return the item which I did, I've been tracking the items progress and it has finally arrived at the repair centre, but I noticed it said the phone was 'device was found to be out of warrenty quotation raised', has this happened to anyone else or can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It sounds like it was damaged in transit.
You need to call CS again and if they won't resolve with a replacement phone escalate it to complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

where did you buy the handset from first of all?? 

Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should never have been sent to repair it should of just been replaced straight away as it was new I would get on to customer services ASAP and ask them to send you a new phone
Message 3 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It sounds like they are suggesting that you have damaged the screen by dropping the phone.
You should have rejected the phone and demanded a doorstep replacement in the first instance as now you may have a battle on your hands.
Try CS first by calling 202 (contract) or 4445 (PAYG) and if they won't help raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with MI5.

If you do get nowhere with this then check to see if you have accidental damage cover on any household insurance or with your bank.

wink
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

we havent been told if the phone was bought from o2? as teh OP hasnt said.. this could be an ebay purchase, or somewhere like CEX etc 

Message 6 of 30

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes. no way should this have been sent for repair. Thrash this out with customer service as you called them straight away. There will be a record of the call. If you get nowhere with customer service, your next step would be the complaint route to the link provided. If you want their phone number PM me.

Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Well they did phone the O2 helpline......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 30

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Well they did phone the O2 helpline......

Exactly. If bought elsewhere the OP would naturally call the retailer concerned.

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
The op says he phoned O2 and they said to return the item that implies to me they got it from O2 I wouldn't be looking at claiming on any insurance if you called up as soon as you got it and told them it was damaged on arrival they have to replace it full stop don't let them fob you off
Message 10 of 30