cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for call made? while in Turkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently returned from a holiday in Turkey.  I have been billed over £200 for a call I am supposed to have made to my husband whose own mobile was locked in the safe.  This has shown up on my SIM card. I have approached o2, but have been left in no doubt that they are unwilling to waive this amount, or to help me in any way.  I always lock my phone when finishing a call, my husband's phone was locked away and his messaging service was switched off. I am at a loss as what I can do next, but I am unwilling to pay £200 for a call I never made. o2 say that this charge is correct in spite of the fact that the call was never answered. I fail to understand how this could be the case. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Personally I would try O2 CS again. I find the help you are given depends a lot on who you speak to...

If they are adamant that the call you made, had registered and was for xx amount of minutes then you may be in trouble

I had a similar situation whilst in Spain. My tariff allows me to make calls for a 50p cannection fee and then I can chat for up to an hour. However, my calls kept dropping out after a minute and I needed to redial again, which of course racked up my bill...

I rang CS on my return to the UK and got no joy with the first person I spoke to ..

I rang again and spoke to a much more helpful person. They examined my bill in depth and could see how many times the calls had dropped out....He adjusted my bill accordingly which resulted in me paying far less.

Slightly different to your experience, but shows that help given from CS can vary a great deal.

Hope you get this sorted.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcone to the forum,

Sorry to hear of this issue.

This is a first time I've heard of a call charge being racked up in the circumstances you highlight.

How your going to prove the call was not made I'm not sure. Does the actual time and duration of the call match and are you 100% sure any call you made was terminated.

We've heard this happen before ref accidentally not terminating the call which is why I ask even though you have said in your post that your careful.

If you've contacted O2 via 202 Customer Services then the next stage would be http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain and see if they will do something purely on a Goodwill Gesture basis.

If you refuse to pay the bill this could lead to the turning off of your services, debt collection agencies and a default being placed on your Credit a file resulting in difficulties in obtaining finance , mobile phone contracts, overdrafts etc etc for up to 6 years after it's actually been paid.

Let us know how you get on.

Edit to add link.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Personally I would try O2 CS again. I find the help you are given depends a lot on who you speak to...

If they are adamant that the call you made, had registered and was for xx amount of minutes then you may be in trouble

I had a similar situation whilst in Spain. My tariff allows me to make calls for a 50p cannection fee and then I can chat for up to an hour. However, my calls kept dropping out after a minute and I needed to redial again, which of course racked up my bill...

I rang CS on my return to the UK and got no joy with the first person I spoke to ..

I rang again and spoke to a much more helpful person. They examined my bill in depth and could see how many times the calls had dropped out....He adjusted my bill accordingly which resulted in me paying far less.

Slightly different to your experience, but shows that help given from CS can vary a great deal.

Hope you get this sorted.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good advice cleoriff and good luck to Earleyne
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions