cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Frills!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I REALLY don't understand your Pay and Go offer. All I want is to pay £10 and make phone calls over the next few months. I don't want to exchnge my credit for inclusive this-and-that. Can't I just have normal pay as you go?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone is following this and has the same question as me.  I have now managed to speak to someone in customer service and they have checked - Unlimited and International are in fact the same plan.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 Unlimited ; A Tariff where you get some allowances and also keep your top up credit.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Choose it via your Myo2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can also look at www.giffgaff.com which is owned by O2.
Also be aware, that modern smartphones consume huge amounts of data, even without your intent, so if you have one of these phones keep data turned off to preserve your account credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay that's useful.  So, could someone explain to me why there is an Unlimited plan and an International plan.  It seems to me that the International plan does the same as the Unlimited plan but has cheaper international calls.  I'm not sure why one would go for the Unlimited plan over the International plan?

Sorry, I find this all very complicated!

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
International out of allowance prices here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-charges-terms-intsim
Unlimited prices here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-charges-terms-o2-unlimited
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The pages show the same rates.  My question is, why would someone choose Unlimited over International?  I want to make sure I choose the right plan.

Anyone???

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you're right. I'm sure the standard rates used to be different but the PAYG tariffs have just been refreshed so it seems the International SIM is a good choice if you think you will ever call or text an international number?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's quite bizzare.  Why they would offer both plans?   Something I can't quite get my head around.  I'm thinking about plumping for the International plan whether or not I call abroad.  

I just can't help thinking I'm missing the point.  O2 won't have just thrown these plans together I'm sure.  There must be a reason they offer both plans.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to call O2 and ask but I'm not totally convinced I'm going to get a straight answer.  Grrr!

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As we are ALL customers here like you perhaps it's justified to talk to the official dept via phone call for clarification if you wish.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone is following this and has the same question as me.  I have now managed to speak to someone in customer service and they have checked - Unlimited and International are in fact the same plan.

Message 10 of 12