Did you mean: 

Changing your phone tariff to a cheaper one

Gabriela
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

In light of the current pandemic and the uncertainty surrounding employment and income, I have been trying to change my phone tariff to a cheaper one. I am currently paying around £45 every month for 45gb of data and unlimited minutes and texts. I would not mind changing my tariff to one with less data and a limited number of texts and minutes, however, when I go on the "change your tariff" option I am only given options which are more expensive than my current one. Is it possible to change your tariff to a cheaper one or can you only pick from more expensive options?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

O2Jennifer
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Gabriela wrote:

Hello,

In light of the current pandemic and the uncertainty surrounding employment and income, I have been trying to change my phone tariff to a cheaper one. I am currently paying around £45 every month for 45gb of data and unlimited minutes and texts. I would not mind changing my tariff to one with less data and a limited number of texts and minutes, however, when I go on the "change your tariff" option I am only given options which are more expensive than my current one. Is it possible to change your tariff to a cheaper one or can you only pick from more expensive options?

Hello

Tariff changes do depend on the type of deal you are on. If you are on an O2 refresh package you can go up and down these packages are only available if you bought your device direct from O2.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you bought your device from one of our partners, for instance Carphone warehouse, you may only be able to increase your package. 

For more information tailored to your account you will need to speak to customer services, I appreciate they are busy at the moment but they are the only ones that have access to your details.

Hope this helps.

signature
Message 2 of 2