Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

David85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So my contract cane to an end last week so I decided to switch to a sim only deal, I contacted via live chat and agreed to a sim only deal. I was told it would be active the next day
Next day comes and it wasn’t active, they told me my order was out of stock, I told them I just switched tariff I don’t need a new sim. Anyway after a week of back and forth trying to get this resolved, being promised someone would call or email again and again and nothing, Saturday I called and was told it would be sorted on Monday and he would call me to confirm. I didn’t receive a call so went back on live chat and found out my order has now been cancelled, I’ve also been told I cannot quit o2 because I took out the new contract

I just can’t make sense of this, they haven’t given me the new sim only deal, they cancelled it, and now I can’t leave o2?

The only thing I can do is just cancel my direct debit, but then I’ll get bad credit markers which I don’t want. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I’ve spent hours on the phone and live chat, they always just say they have escalated the issue and will call me and then don’t. I feel a bit trapped here!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Marjo @EmilieT

One for your Guru ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David85 It should have only been a tariff switch on their computer system but they certainly have messed up

Message 3 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85 We never advise anyone to do anything account related via Live Chat. I know you've said you have also been on the phone with no result either. Other than trying again to call and hopefully get a sympathetic ear at the other end, maybe you should call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby. They would be able to call customer service on your behalf to try to sort this out. Do you have transcripts of the Live Chat conversations? That would be a help to you too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't have a transcript, Unless are they stored somewhere?

The last advisor's supervisor said they could process it again as a new order then when I receive the sim card, contact them to cancel my current contract and change my number to the new one?

I said no to this, they managed to mess up a very simple change, so I didn't fancy my chances with this, I was also told i would be charged twice but it would be refunded.

I'm so confused as to why I couldn't just change my contract. I really want to leave o2 now, but I also don't want to spend another hour on the phone. They always promise they can fix it if I give them 24 hours, but then I never hear back, contact them again and it just repeats.

I don't live near a store unfortunately, but may have to visit one this weekend. I've been with o2 for over 10 years now, but I really just want to be done with o2 now so much of the past week has gone on resolving this.

Message 5 of 24

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85 Live Chat should have the transcripts. We sympathise with your problem, but we are all customers like yourself, so there isn't much we can do. You'll have to persevere with customer service. Might be worth a trip to the O2 store. Our community admin have also been tagged in, so maybe they can offer some assistance when they log in, but that probably won't be until tomorrow.

I know you're frustrated with recent events, but if you do want to leave O2, make sure any new provider you might be considering can give you good signal coverage before you move. Best of luck. Hope you get this sorted soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Marjo @EmilieT

One for your Guru ?

Also, do O2 actually have a quality department that investigates and root causes issues such as this?

If not, I can see why there's no learning and why such simple jobs go so wrong, so often!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 24

David85
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, I think I want to go to EE, they have the same deal minus a netflix trial which i'm not too worried about, their coverage looks good and no one I know that uses them has received this level of service as I have with o2. I would even take worse signal coverage at this point just to get away from o2.
Message 8 of 24

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David85 If you feel that unhappy about the current situation, then you need to go with how you feel. We can give you our opinions, but ultimately the choice is yours, and only you can decide what that choice is. Good luck whichever way you choose to go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 24

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 for the mention, and everyone else for helping out!

@David85 I'm sorry you've been stuck in this situation for a few days now confused I'm sending you a PM now to get some more details around this and see if we can do anything on our end to help sort things out.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 24