Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Changing tariff

Hi 

I am going abroad shortly and I have 3 months left on my contract. Can I downgrade my contract to a basic contract for the remaining months?

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,383

Re: Changing tariff

No, unfortunately you cannot downgrade your tariff anymore.
You can pay it off and change to PAYG for 3 months though so you can then take a new contract when you return. This will retain your number for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 685

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi 

I am going abroad shortly and I have 3 months left on my contract. Can I downgrade my contract to a basic contract for the remaining months?

Unfortnately not. You can only upgrade not downgrade. You do have the option of paying off the contract though...

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

OK, thanks.

No problem. Have a good trip.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Level 41: Prodigal

Alternatively you could download Tu and use that (over Wi-Fi or on a local sim) and use your call and text allowances to call home?
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

@gmarkj wrote:
Alternatively you could download Tu and use that (over Wi-Fi or on a local sim) and use your call and text allowances to call home?

Exactly what I do here, a contract would be useless to me without TU but worth renewing purely for that. I'm now paying a tenner a month (half price for I forget how many months...3 or 6) purely to use TU. Data is of no use to me here and I've got wifi at home to make full use of texts and minutes. God bless the developers!

Topics: 685

@jonsie wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Exactly what I do here, a contract would be useless to me without TU but worth renewing purely for that. I'm now paying a tenner a month (half price for I forget how many months...3 or 6) purely to use TU. Data is of no use to me here and I've got wifi at home to make full use of texts and minutes. God bless the developers!

You changed the same time as me @jonsie and I can confirm its half price for 6 months...

*The Game Is On*

Yes, it is for sure...

Currently using: