Did you mean: 

Changing network

Barbara1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I was persuaded to change supplier from O2 to BT. I changed my mind immediately but because I changed on the Friday I was unable to change back for 2 days.
I rejoined O2 as soon as I could. I have now received a huge bill £280 plus. Help!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Barbara1 wrote:
The bill is from O2.

Apologies, I was replying as you added this info.

Call the payment management team to see if you can pay in instalments https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Barbara1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The bill is from O2.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Barbara1 

Who is the bill from, O2 or BT?

If it was from O2 it would have been to cancel your original contract before the full term was complete. Unfortunately, there is no option but to pay it off.

If from BT, you should have a cooling off period, so you need to call them to discuss options.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Barbara1 wrote:
The bill is from O2.

Apologies, I was replying as you added this info.

Call the payment management team to see if you can pay in instalments https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Changing supplier would mean your O2 account would be closed immediately and anything owing on the handset would need to be paid up. If that is the case then one option would be to sell the handset and pay the bill. You could then get your PAC from BT and take out a new contract on O2. You have a14 day change of mind with BT so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to cancel. 

Message 5 of 5