Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Changing Tariffs

I am currently on the O2 45 on iPhone 18 month contract with my iPhone 4. Although i have been due an upgrade since January this year (because i am holding out for the iPhone 5) i would like to change my tariff to a cheaper one. So my question is: Will changing my tariff to a cheaper one bind me to a new contract or will it just reduce my bill on the above contract, while still allowing me to upgrade when i want?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Changing Tariffs

Hi Shane-Forbes,

You have two options -

1) You can reduce your tariff (mins, texts etc) by about £5 per month which will not bind you into contract and still allow you to upgrade whenever you want.

2) You can move to a 30 day sim only which is a lot cheaper than just reducing your tariff. For example, for £27 per month (approx half what you pay per month now) you can get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 MB data with unlimited wifi. You will be tied into O2 for the first 30 days, and then the tariff just rolls over month by month, until you either upgrade (which you can do anytime) or cancel by giving 30 days notice.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Changing Tariffs

Thank you for your help Smiley Happy