cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Tariff, Yearly Upgrade Programme

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I preordered the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Black. No idea when or even if I'll be receiving it, but anyway, the less said about that the better!

The tariff I selected was for 1GB. I'd like to change to the 30GB tariff, but I've been told by Live Chat that I have to wait until the phone actually arrives in order to go changing my contract. That's fine, but I haven't been able to get a clear answer on whether I'll still get the extra benefits that come with the 30GB tariff, namely the free EU roaming, music streaming and Yearly Upgrade Programme.

I'd like to be certain that if I change my tariff, I'll still have access to those benefits, even though it wasn't the tariff I originally signed up for. All Live Chat will tell me, having asked two different agents, is "don't worry, just wait until your phone comes and contact us about the deal" which is very non-committal. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I know I'd be able to cancel the contract within 14 days and then sign up for a new one with the correct tariff if necessary, but after all the fuss trying to get my hands on this one I'd rather not subject myself to another potential six week wait if at all possible!

Speaking of a six week wait, that brings me to my second question. I saw somebody else post this last night but I haven't been able to find that thread again to see if they received an answer, so I'm posting it here. My contract won't start until I receive my phone, which could very well be in November. That means my upgrade under the Yearly Upgrade Programme would be in November 2017. What provisions are being made to ensure that customers who are having to wait an unreasonable amount of time to receive their phones will be able to fall back in line with the iPhone release schedule?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions clause 6 is very clear no benefit if you upgrade after purchase on any eligible handset ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions clause 6 is very clear no benefit if you upgrade after purchase on any eligible handset ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2