Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change start date for pay monthly

Munira
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, apology in advance if this question has been asked but due to the virus O2 customer service isn't available for the question I have. I ordered a pay monthly sim and received it today. The pay monthly has started but I wanted it to start in a months time as that's when my current contract ends (with another provider). I got my dates wrong. Does anyone know how to change this? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
You would need to speak to customer service, however there isnt a way to delay the start of a contract so you would either need to cancel the sim or end the contract with the other provider earlier.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Help-amp-Support-from-O2-during-COVID-19/m-p/1327094

signature
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Munira 

You ordered the sim too early.

You need to ask your other provider to cancel your contract with immediate effect. You will be paying for two contracts otherwise.

You won't be able to stop your current contract with O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Munira
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply. Already spoke to my other provider who said to cancel early will cost me £56.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Munira wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Already spoke to my other provider who said to cancel early will cost me £56.

Then that's what you have to do @Munira ..otherwise you will be paying for two contracts.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Munira
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Most likely will just cancel with O2 and start again next month
Message 6 of 6