cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capped usage would be nice - seems like O2 would rather we pay more

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recieved my bill for last mponth - it was the last thing I neededand didn't expect.

I finished my last work contect in November and have been job seeking.

I left my wife at the end of Jan as well - so am sofa surfing at the moment - with all the people wanting to talk to me I went over my allowance (Not realising and for the first - and only - time)

My bill has goe from san average of £24 to £108!

I called to check and they say it was all legitimate - I checked the online bill and I seem to have made in the region of 20 calls with an average of 25 minutes each so well over y 300 minutes allowance.

When I asked if my phone could be capped I was told that the system does not allow it.

I will be watching my useage extremely carefully until my phone contract runs out - then I will change to a provider that allows capping - e.gTESCO.

BE VERY CAREFUL PEOPLE!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes o2 don't cap texts and calls but do cap data.

Any texts that convert to mms due to emoticons and headers being used are also charged for.

Here is the special numbers link that explains which numbers your charged for.
http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/specialnumbers

Look at using apps that convert numbers into ones that come out of your inclusive minutes and sites such as SAYNOTO0845.

http://www.saynoto0870.com

Also use wifi when and where you can.

Tracking your usage can be done via your my02 app and using the online my02 also. It's your responsibility I'm afraid to monitor your usage.
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
It's the same for everyone, not just you been singled out.
All covered in the contract terms.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know we're all in the same boat - I am surprised people accept it though.

If a users group made an demand that it were to be introduced would that be such a bad thing?
?

I would happily bin my "Moments" for piece of mind.
Do O2 listen to the people out there
Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I'm not sure what we can say in all honesty.
If O2's policy is not to cap contracts then that's what we have to accept...
You can get unlimited minutes tariff's if that would suit you better?
Remember this is a customer to customer community and we can't influence O2's business decisions.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can pass your feedback via the email link.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Hope things turn around for you soon buddy.
Message 8 of 14

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
 We live in the 21st century - "caveat emptor" should no longer prevail, the networks can do instant billing.  o2 obviously have the technology to cap contracts, because as you rightly say they run tesco mobile, but don't want to introduce it for their core business, also it's good business sense to check for abnormal usage and notify your customers so they don't suffer from bill shock.

Message 9 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I've removed a few posts that were related to a disagreements between members. I have however kept everything here that is helpful slight_smile

I'll PM those involved

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 14