Did you mean: 

Cant upgrade broken phone

Squalex1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

Im looking for help and advice on a sudden issue I have. Last night my phone completely broke... will not turn on the thing is RIP.

I want to get a new phone delivered as no stores are open and I NEED a Smart Phone for work. However 02 requires for you to verify a text sent to your phone - my broken phone..

no option for anything else associated with my account, like my email. so not becasue of this complete ridgity im stuck without a phone. Seems like I cant have been the firt man in history to require a new phone because the other died..

So, anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I quite agree, however, we are the best you got right now wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Squalex1991 

Have you another phone you can put the sim in? Or borrow one?

If not, you need to call O2. Borrow a phone or use a landline.They are usually taking calls about upgrades. Even Live chat pops up on the shop pages.

To call, all numbers including Skype are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Squalex1991
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this really the only way around this issue? Thats horrendous...

Why can I just have emial verification? I need a smart phone to do my job effectively.

Only phones and phones companies offer completely unneeded headaches.

no - i dont have another phone or landline, so no, i cannot call for help - i didnt know so much help was needed for such an easily remedied solution - buy a new phone!

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could always buy a phone off Amazon etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Squalex1991
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What i want to do is talk to someone from 02 and recive very reasonable customer service.

Im not knowledgeable on phones and feel uncomfortable going to amazon to buy some dudes phone.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That would not appear possible right now and Amazon sell brand new phones too. Argos also deliver. If you need advice choosing you can ask us.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Squalex1991 

For obvious reasons there are less staff dealing with numerous issues.

People have used Skype to get through and as I said, live chat is available when you are in the shop area.

We've given you the only advice available and as customers like yourself, that's all we can do.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Squalex1991 wrote:

What i want to do is talk to someone from 02 and recive very reasonable customer service.

Im not knowledgeable on phones and feel uncomfortable going to amazon to buy some dudes phone.

MY last three phones were bought from Amazon @Squalex1991 . All brand new, all unlocked to any network and excellent value.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Squalex1991
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate all the help i do - i just cannot fathom why i cant have the verification code sent to my emial account i actually used to set up the entire thing in the first place?

why is it then when purchasing a new phone you need your old phone to do so - surely that screws over every with a broken phone? I have hundreds to spend - Covid really isnt an exuse for this poor business oversite.

Im working full time and my business has had to change multiple things to adapt and offer support - i just dont see it as a reasonble excuse for poor customer service, it really shouldnt have to be you guys breaking your backs. 

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I quite agree, however, we are the best you got right now wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13