cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant' Pay My Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to a redundancy, I am no longer in a position to pay my monthly O2 phone bills. Food, gas and electricity being more important!!

I have called Customer Service this morning via my landline and tried to arrange a payment plan. Unfortunately, I got disconnected. I'm never calling by phone again because it costs too much due to the wasted amount of time I have to wait to get through. I couldn't even understand the lady properly because her english wasn't good. Maybe I should of asked for an interpreter.

I can't really call using my mobile because I have a very weak signal where I live.

So anyway, I sent an email after that phone call to this address regarding my circumstances: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

I subsequently recieved a reply from that email a little while after which says,...

Hello,

***** Any Replies to this email will not be answered.*****

Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support
service.

Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where
we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you are online just click here https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=AF575778A6A74C05
to start chatting.

Ok, so I tried going on the Online chat but they are busy. I've now had enough of it. If O2 want their money and talk to me about a price plan I can afford, I'm sure they will find a way to contact me because I'm not wasting anymore of my valauble time. I've done my best.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi Sorry to hear the change in your circumstances You will have to contact CS though @Anonymous They wont ring you back. A good time to ring customer services is 8.30am... Please dont use Live Chat ...you need help arranging a payment plan and they wont be able to do this.

You could try this number from a landline 0344 8090202....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I strongly urge you to to contact them again. 202 is free from your mobile but for your own sake speak to them.

Message 3 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You need to persist with contacting O2 as if you stop paying this would affect your credit rating and cause you more problems.

Good luck and stick with it. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,..I rang that number but I got disconnected after about 25 minutes. I also waited about 20 minutes before I even got through. This all adds up and gets added to my BT landline phone bill. I'm sure they will contact me eventually somehow. 

The lady in question didn't even speak good english so I was having trouble understanding her. Not good when trying to discuss a sensitive issue like this.

I was told to pay something up-front! We hadn't even discussed any proper plan at that stage. They just wanted money before they would even consider discussing a price plan. I was told to go away and call back later, honestly.

I'm not scared or worried about this in the least because it's only money and a phone. I own nothing in terms of assets so have nothing to lose. However, I will not chase them. I've done all I can. They know where I am. 

Message 5 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This won't bother them in the slightest, if the bill remains unpaid they will pass it to a debt collector, who will hound you as you will be liable for the full amount due till the end of your contract.

Call again and you may get a better operator who can help you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 24

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
@perksie
[Quote]This won't bother them in the slightest, if the bill remains unpaid they will pass it to a debt collector, who will hound you as you will be liable for the full amount due till the end of your contract.

A Debt collector won't scare me or lowering of my credit rating. They can't do anything. I don't even have to open my door to them. They are just like TV license collectors who work on behalf of capita. No real powers unless they gain access in the first place.

I haven't run away from my obligations. O2 know where I am. If I'm to continue contacting them, then I should be able to charge them!

Why don't they contact me?? I'll tell you why. Because it will cost them time and money so I'm the one expected to do all the running around.
Message 8 of 24

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You've been advised correctly here and to the best of our abilities.
The rest is up to you.
Good luck....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous I really feel for you in this awful situation. Losing a job is bad enough without debts piling up. However we are only telling you the facts of the matter. A bad credit rating will remain with you for 6 years.

Please try and contact CS again. There are some really helpful advisors out there who will be sympathetic.

Try at 8.30am. By far the best time...Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24