cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant' Pay My Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to a redundancy, I am no longer in a position to pay my monthly O2 phone bills. Food, gas and electricity being more important!!

I have called Customer Service this morning via my landline and tried to arrange a payment plan. Unfortunately, I got disconnected. I'm never calling by phone again because it costs too much due to the wasted amount of time I have to wait to get through. I couldn't even understand the lady properly because her english wasn't good. Maybe I should of asked for an interpreter.

I can't really call using my mobile because I have a very weak signal where I live.

So anyway, I sent an email after that phone call to this address regarding my circumstances: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

I subsequently recieved a reply from that email a little while after which says,...

Hello,

***** Any Replies to this email will not be answered.*****

Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support
service.

Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where
we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you are online just click here https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=AF575778A6A74C05
to start chatting.

Ok, so I tried going on the Online chat but they are busy. I've now had enough of it. If O2 want their money and talk to me about a price plan I can afford, I'm sure they will find a way to contact me because I'm not wasting anymore of my valauble time. I've done my best.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All advice is given in good faith. You obviously have strong views on this so any advice we give should not be thrown back at us. Hopefully you get back on your feet soon and get through this particular stage of your life. Good luck.

Message 11 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't they contact me?? I'll tell you why. Because it will cost them time and money so I'm the one expected to do all the running around.

No reason why they should, the debt will be yours, how you deal with it is up to you.

I can't see why you even bothered to post about it here, if you didn't want the advice offered. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 24

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your circumstances and your struggle to get through to customer service. Please keep trying and if you keep having issues, please contact my colleague @Anonymous via a private message.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi if u feel you exhausted all your options and wasted alot of your time trying to resolve this,use the complaints department send them an email .

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Message 14 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm sorry to say it's actually your responsibility to contact cs not the other way around.

Everyone has been very sympathetic to your circumstances, and I too am sorry for your change in circumstances.

The fact remains that it's in your best interests to sort this out, and making a small trio into a stronger signal area so you can call cs on your mobile on 202 is the cheapest and better option IMO given your circumstances.

O2 cut off your phone very quickly for non payment, including calling 202 so I'd advise some haste also.

Good luck and in your future let's hope things pick up for you.
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gizzmo

Although I fully agree with the members advice to persevere with contacting O2 via the means suggested you can also write to O2.

Send your letter as Recorded so you have a paper trail and proof that the letter has been received and signed for.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everybody who has taken the time to comment in my thread and I'm most grateful. However, even though lots of advice has been given, I have no idea who is a genuine employee of O2 who has the required knowledge and experience to give out such advice to those who aren't.

I thought genuine O2 employee was required to state in their signature that they work for O2 but their comments are purely their own and do not refelect those of Telefonica. I don't see anybody in this thread with such signatures. 

With respect, as a reult, I feel I maybe getting the wrong advice by ordinary members of the public who don't really have the required insider knowledge as it were to be telling me what I should or shouldn't do. 

Message 17 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The only person who works for O2 and has replied on this thread is @Toby who is the Community Manager.

The rest of us are customers like yourself. However the advice given comes from a wealth of experience of being a forum member and seeing similar posts to yours over the years....

No-one has given you wrong advice at all...

@Toby did tell you to send a private message to @Anonymous (who also works for O2) if you needed further advice. If you wish to do this then click on her link in my post and you will be able to send her a PM..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 24

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

With respect, as a reult, I feel I maybe getting the wrong advice by ordinary members of the public who don't really have the required insider knowledge as it were to be telling me what I should or shouldn't do. 

With respect too, if that is how you feel, you should be talking directly to CS to get advice and not wasting everyones time on here.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 24

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We give our time and experience on here simply to give advice as to the correct procedures for your own situation, though through no fault of your own, you must speak to customer service. Burying your head in the sand whilst blaming all around you will only compound matters.

If you don't want to take any of the advice given in all good faith then maybe you should just go and seek further advice from the CAB who can maybe look at any debts you have, consolidate them and then help you to send off letters of payment plans.

Help is out there, either seek it, take it or ignore it. This only affects you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do but don't come here casting doubts on the experience or the motives of those trying to help.

Message 20 of 24